seventeen.

"It's you?" Y/n blurted, pain clear in her tone. She stiffened, feeling her stomach drop. The first person she loved since she lost everything last year betrayed her. She feared losing him, but he would take everything from her. What if Ethan killed Mindy?

An emotionless look came upon the boy's face. "Ta-da," he teased. "Mindy was right; never trust the love interest. And it was easy to juke the roommate lottery. I mean, all I had to do to meet you was room with a conceited, condescending alpha, literally named Chad!"

Tara and Sam glanced at Y/n pitifully before averting their gazes back to the trio. "Fuck, it felt good to kill him!" He exclaimed. 

Tears ran down Y/n's cheek, her fingernails digging into her palms. He pulled his mask to reveal it — it was cracked and old, likely from an older massacre. "This was your grandmother's, Sam — Nancy Loomis. Really runs in the fucking family, doesn't it?"

"Speaking of family, my name's not Ethan Landry! Isn't it, Dad?"

Officer Bailey let out an evil chuckle while Y/n stared at him, everything piecing together like a puzzle. 

"Dad?" Tara spoke.

"Wait, if it's you two... then that leaves—" Sam started with a cracked voice. "Mindy?" 

The second Ghostface removed their mask, revealing another terrifying grin — similar to Ethan's. Quinn Baily beamed at Sam — the plot twist of the night. 

"Hey, roomies!" Quinn said sweetly yet menacingly. "You didn't see that one coming, did you?"

"Yeah, because you died!" Tara interjected.

The trio laughed wickedly. "I kinda didn't," Quinn shrugged. "It was a good way to get off the suspect list. Stab Gale Weathers, stab Mindy on the train — that sort of thing."

"What the fuck?" Y/n whispered, watching Ethan. She was in disbelief. There was no way Ethan — the sweetest, funniest, dorkiest guy she's met was the killer. And how was he able to gain her trust and make her love her?

"Yeah, and I made sure I was the first one on the scene so I could switch her body up with a fresh one," Officer Bailey added. "Little fake blood, a prosthetic — you'd be amazed what a grieving father could get away with."

Quinn and Ethan split into different directions, cornering the group. "I got Stu Macher's mask; he was my favorite," she said, holding up the filthy disguise. Ethan put Nancy's mask on the mannequin gently. 

"That's two," Bailey muttered before pulling out a third. "This was your father's. This is what we've been counting down to, Sam. I'm gonna need you to put it on," he threatened.

Y/n's eyes burned with disgust before glancing at Ethan, who sent a teasing wave. The girl scoffed in reply, looking down to avoid anyone noticing her tears. 

"Fuck you!" Sam suddenly yelled, smacking Billy Loomis' mask out of his hands. Ethan lunged at her, swiping his blade against her arm. Blood leaked from the clean wound while Tara and Y/n rushed to Sam's care. 

"You stay the fuck away from her!" Tara threatened, holding her protectively. 

Sam held onto her wound, glancing at every Ghostface before her. "You did this as a family?" Sam questioned. 

"Oh, yeah, bitch. You should know better than anyone!" Quinn retorted, holding the knife. 

"They're still not getting it!" Ethan chuckled. 

"Get what?" Y/n mumbled.

"Look, I don't know what you believe, but I didn't commit those murders in Woodsboro; it wasn't me!" Sam defended.