four.

Y/n picked on her nails to pass the time on her way to the café, with the only noise in the car being the clicking noise she created. She looked over to see Dewey focused on the road ahead. "How has it been going?" He asked.

Dewey had been a father figure for Y/n for as long as she could remember. But at times, it could be awkward with him. "I mean, before all this, it was great," she mumbled.

His eyes trailed down to Y/n's wrist, where a lovely beaded bracelet with a 'W' charm was in the middle. "You like that Wes guy a lot, don't you?" He questioned, turning the corner and parking in front of the café. 

The girl grinned softly at her bracelet, which was gifted to her the day he asked her out for the first time. She nodded in response. "Yeah, I do."

"You're growing up too fast," he chuckled. "I remember when you were eight years old, talking about. . . Barbies or whatever little girls talk about. Now, you have a long-time boyfriend, and you're graduating high school," he smiled, reminiscing moments with her. From drives home from school to lunch dates to heart-to-hearts, Y/n didn't know it, but she meant everything to him. 

"Ah, don't remind me," she replied, sitting in front of him at the café. The waitress approached their table, knowing the usual: burgers and vanilla milkshakes. "I can't believe I'm graduating already."

Light chuckles escaped their lips, knowing that some of Y/n's friends wouldn't be in line waiting for their names to be called. All because of a stupid film created twenty years ago. 

"You'll be there, right?"

Dewey raised his head. "Be where?"

"You know, the graduation ceremony. I want you there. We've like. . . known each other for years. You're basically like my dad. I know we haven't talked for a few weeks, but still," Y/n remarked, fidgeting with her fingers again.  

His neutral face morphed into a happy one. "Don't worry. I'll be there, front and center!"

Y/n let out a relieved laugh before her lips curled into a frown. The waitress arrived with their ordered food and continued the conversation. "I wish we caught up during different circumstances. All these murders and my friends being attacked, it's just— I don't know. . . overwhelming."

"Yeah. . . I— I get it. You know, Sidney is coming. She's excited to see you," he reminded. 

"Oh, yeah. And Gale?" Y/n asked.

Dewey pursed his lips, taking a sip of his milkshake. "I don't know. I've heard she might make a return. Do you think she still wants to see me?"

"Yeah! Of course! I haven't seen her in years, but let's hope. She's going to come to write a book about this," she joked. 

"That's not funny."

"Sorry," Y/n shrugged, reaching over and taking a fry off Dewey's plate and eating it. 

He furrowed his eyebrows, staring at Y/n as she cheerfully glanced back. "You have an entire plate of fries in front of you," he stated, gesturing to her full plate. 

-

Y/n pressed her lips into a thin line before sipping her milkshake, watching Dewey let out a comforted laugh. They enjoyed each other's presence until an unsettling ringtone echoed throughout the restaurant. Y/n jumped at the noise, realizing someone was calling her. However, it wasn't Mindy or someone who would usually call her. It was Wes' mom, Judy Hicks.

Concern spread across Y/n's face as Dewey stopped chewing. "Well, who is it?"

"It's Mrs. Hicks," she replied, sliding across the device to answer it.