sixteen.

The group pushed through the subway station flooded with people in Halloween costumes. Ethan held Y/n's hand tightly, afraid to let her go. "Is this even a good plan?" Ethan asked.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to," Tara reminded. 

"So we just peel off, and the killer picks us off one by one? No, thank you."

"Let's just get to the theater," Sam interrupted, following a train crowded with people. 

Y/n struggled to push everyone out of the way, even recognizing some people from her lectures. Surprisingly, Ethan hadn't failed to let her go yet. Thanks to the crowd, their bond broke, separating her from Ethan and Mindy.

"Ethan! Mindy!" Y/n called out. Mindy shrugged as they followed Sam.

"Ah, yes, because it'll be much less scary at the serial killer movie theater," Chad said sarcastically. Y/n remained close to Chad in fear of missing the train.

They heard Mindy call from behind. "Chad! Hey, Chad!" Everyone but Mindy and Ethan entered the train while Chad attempted to get Mindy inside. It was too late; the train doors were closed and immediately started moving.

"Damn," Y/n mumbled, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

iMessage

Y/n:
hey are you alright?? |

Ethan:
| yeah, but Mindy keeps giving me dirty looks

Y/n:
i mean you ARE her prime suspect 😭|
just make sure you two stay safe |
call me if there's anything wrong <3 |

Ethan:
| thank you👍
| see you at the theater ❤️

Before Y/n could like his message, the signal immediately cut off when the train went black. Y/n stayed beside Tara as they observed the people around them, hoping Ghostface wasn't near.

"Where's Mindy?" Sam recognized.

"She missed the train. I was going to wait for her, but Cute Boy dragged me inside."

"I was just trying to keep us together!" Danny defended.

"By pulling us apart?"

Y/n's suspicions toward Danny increased as she glared at him. The lights on the train started to flicker once Chad got a notification. "It's okay; she's with Ethan. She'll meet us there," he stated as he looked up. Y/n noticed his eyes darken. "Shit."

The rest looked up and noticed someone in a Ghostface costume holding onto a pole a few feet away. The lights buzzed and flickered again. Everyone realized there were more horror masks — Michael Myers, Pinhead, and more Ghostfaces than they thought. Everyone stared fearfully at them, preparing to defend themselves.

"Maybe they're all dressing up for Halloween," Y/n started. "People have been doing that since the first massacre."

"How many stops do we have left?" Tara asked.

"Ten," Sam concluded, nervously swallowing.

People buzzed around them, excited for Halloween, while they closely observed the costumes around them. After experiencing a Ghostface attack, seeing the ensemble can cause a churning feeling in your stomach. Y/n was not feeling well. She repeatedly tried to text Ethan.

iMessage

Y/n:
E, you okay? |
Not Delivered