fourteen.

The following day, ambulances arrived immediately, along with police and other first responders. Y/n sat beside Mindy as two nurses stitched their wounds, still suffering from shock. Anika and Quinn were dead. Two of her friends were killed last night, all because of a stupid Halloween costume.

Someone ahead crossed the caution tape, and Y/n noticed it was Ethan. "E," she whispered, standing up. Before Ethan could look at her, Chad grabbed his jacket and held him in the van.

"Where were you?!" Chad yelled. Y/n suddenly remembered Ethan was the only person who wasn't there. As much as she didn't want to, he was the prime suspect. 

"What? When?"

"Last night!" Chad shoved him against the van. 

"I had Econ! You know this," he responded. 

"Bullshit, man! You disappear, and my sister almost gets killed."

Ethan gulped fearfully. "Dude, I was in a study hall with a hundred other people. You can ask any of them," he responded. 

Chad shrugged. "Fuck, man," he muttered before letting him go. 

"Ethan," Y/n called, limping over to him. 

The boy turned around and noticed Y/n before smiling and pulling her into a quick hug. "Y/n, are you okay?" He asked worriedly, seeing the stitches on her leg.

Y/n pursed her lips. "I'll be fine. I have to rest for a bit, though," she said doubtfully.

"You know it's not me, right? I would never do that," Ethan assured.

Before she said anything, she shrugged. "Yeah, I believe you. You were at Econ, right?"

"Y-yeah, I was."

"Then alright."

The brunette turned to see the cops cover a body with a tarp. "Oh my god," Ethan whispered. "Who is that?"

"Anika and Quinn," Y/n responded, holding her head down. She watched Ethan's heart sink. He suddenly approached Mindy, who was covered in a blanket.

"Mindy, I'm so sorry," he started.

"Step the fuck back," she insulted, causing Ethan to back away. "You're at the top of my list."

Ethan shook his head. "I had Econ!" he defended.

The group stayed silent before Tara had to leave, noticing Quinn's dad, Officer Bailey, soaked in tears. Ethan sighed in frustration as Mindy glared at him, making him very uncomfortable. 

Y/n couldn't do anything to comfort him. She didn't know how to. Being accused of killing someone probably sucked. 

A car drove into the scene as a familiar woman ran to Gale, Sam, Officer Bailey, and Tara. "Aunt Kirby?" She whispered, throwing her blanket back and walking towards her. Y/n's friends called after her, telling her to stop walking, but she ignored them.

There was still a sharp pain when she walked, but she didn't care. Kirby was discussing something with the group before recognizing her niece beside her.

"Y/n!" she exclaimed, embracing her warmly. "It's been so long!"

"Yeah," Y/n whispered. 

"Fine. You guys got to see it, too," Gale interrupted.

"See what?"

-

Gale led everyone into an alley, where a massive Ghostface mural was spray painted on a wall beside them. It had the iconic phrase 'What's Your Favorite Scary Movie' beside it, causing a shiver down everyone's spine.