two.

Most of the ride to the hospital was silent. Both Wes and Y/n were relieved Tara was safely recovering from her injuries, but they knew something would happen. 

The radio played an old 90s rock song as Wes turned the knob, decreasing the volume of the tune. He averted his gaze to his girlfriend, who rested her elbow on the car door trim, staring outside. Biting his lip, Wes decided to speak up. But before he parted his lips, Y/n said something first.

"Do you think we're next?"

Wes was caught off guard by the sudden challenging question. He hesitated before facing the road again. "What do you mean?" he managed to say. 

"You know what I mean," Y/n responded, not looking away from the infinite trees that passed. "What if Ghostface came after one of us?"

The car became quiet. Wes struggled to come up with an answer. So, he took one hand off the wheel and grabbed Y/n's, entwining his fingers with hers. 

"Look," he began. "I know. . . I know I can't say Ghostface won't come after us. It's inevitable; we're both relatives of previous victims. Maybe not from the original 'Stab' movies, but there's still a chance. But if they do," Wes swallowed before exhaling again. "If they do, and I'm not there, I want you to know I love you and always will."

Y/n turned her head to her boyfriend, wondering how she got someone like him. She pressed her lips together into an insincere smile and admired him while he drove. "And if he attacks us," Wes continued. "I'll protect you with my life, alright?" He assured, grazing her hand with his thumb. 

"With your taser?" Y/n joked, attempting to lift the dark mood lingering. 

Wes chuckled, glancing at Y/n before parking at the hospital. "If I have to, then yes. With my taser," he beamed. 

-

When Wes and Y/n arrived, Chad, Mindy, and Amber were already in the hospital room where Tara stayed. "Hey," Tara greeted weakly. She had gone pale, Y/n noticed as she crouched down.

"You alright?" Y/n pressed her lips, attempting not to cry. 

Tara nodded. "I'm fine," she responded. Wes and Y/n went to a group of couches and another hospital bed where the other trio sat. He held Y/n's hand as they watched Tara, attempting to hide their pity. 

Silence lingered in the room as they all thought of something to say. 

"You're strong as hell. You know that, right?" Amber laughed, holding Tara's hand; the other one was bandaged. 

"Yeah, I guess so," Tara remarked; chuckles from the rest emerged, relieved their friend was safe.

A door opened suddenly, revealing her older sister, Sam, and an unfamiliar boy Y/n couldn't recognize. Once they entered, the group immediately got up, startled. They hadn't seen Sam in five years since she had left. Sam instantly went to her injured sister. "Hey. . ." she whispered as Tara stared in surprise. "How are you feeling?"

"You came," Tara said weakly. 

"Of course, I came," Sam replied. She looked over at the boy behind her. "This is my boyfriend, Richie," she introduced. 

"It's so nice to meet you," he greeted. "I'm so sorry if I'm intruding," he added. 

Tara waved slightly. "Nice to meet you, too," she responded insincerely. 

Sam walked over to Mindy and embraced her, as well as Chad. Once she got to Wes and Y/n, she glanced at their entwined hands. "No way," she exclaimed, an amused grin across her face. "You guys are—"