20: when we're together

San is more than relieved when he opens his eyes for the first time after he sleeps and finds himself surrounded by those familiar colourless trees again

San is more than relieved when he opens his eyes for the first time after he sleeps and finds himself surrounded by those familiar colourless trees again. Their leaves sway in the breeze as birds cackle overhead, their chirps musical to his ears.

San stands, a little unsteady in his boots, and looks down at himself. He's dressed in this deep velvet tunic that grazes his ankles, with a cloak that he soon pulls over his head. Gia had also tucked his hair into a long dark wig just to be safe, the tresses spilling over his shoulders and tickling his neck.

San glances at the watch hidden in his sleeve, and realizes it's just after 9PM in his world. The skies here are clear, maybe a little grey, so it must be earlier in the morning at the kingdom of Solarisa.

A branch snaps right then, quickly drawing San's attention to the right. Breaths bated, San stands behind a tree in case it's a wild animal or something. He really hopes it isn't, because Wooyoung is who he needs to see right now.

Footsteps stomp against the clearing, leaving the crunch of dying leaves in their wake. All of a sudden, an arrow shoots past San's head, slamming into the thick trunk of a nearby tree.

San's breath hitches, loud enough the the footsteps abruptly stop. Oh fuck.

"Who's there?" The person asks, and San immediately feels the tension in his shoulders loosening.

"It's me," he exhales, heart still thumping like mad at being so close to death. "It's San."

A pause, and then a slew of mumbled curses commence. "Oh Ynita, I think I almost injured you."

San steps away from his tree, hands up in surrender. Up ahead is Wooyoung, the elf prince hurriedly shoving his arrows back into their bag. His tunic is black and similar to San's, long sleeved enough to cover up his tattoos.

Once Wooyoung spots San, he halts, studying the shorter's new appearance. His face gets all distracted and dazed, the bow in held awkwardly in his hand all but forgotten about. "San...?"

San doesn't know why, but he gets shy right then, an all encompassing heat pulsing in his chest. He feels so warm. "Hey. Um, it's nice to see you today."

"W-Why are you dressed like this?" Wooyoung asks, a bit of a stammer to his voice. "Is this your true form that you have been hiding from me?"

"Nah," San shakes his head. "This is a disguise."

"Disguise?"

San steps closer until he and Wooyoung are only a couple centimeters from each other. "I need you to do something for me."

Wooyoung, gaze having already fallen on San's lips, quickly meets his eyes. He blinks, coming back to reality. "Something for you?"

San rubs the back of his flushed neck, choosing to ignore the fact that the elf had been so obviously staring at his lips. He looks around them, realizing that Yeosang is nowhere to be seen.