15: so right

When San opens his eyes to a threshold of shimmering translucent leaves, he almost doesn't know what to think at first

When San opens his eyes to a threshold of shimmering translucent leaves, he almost doesn't know what to think at first. After nearly a week of not having any kind of dreams in particular, San had slept over at Mingi's this Friday, and now, here he is again at that same forest.

Is there some sort of pattern? San thinks to himself, but he really doesn't know, as Mingi's aunt only said he transports while lucid dreaming. She also doesn't know the minute details of what he actually dreams about, and for now San doesn't want to tell her, in case he discovers something about himself he knows he shouldn't.

The spongy grass beneath him is familiar to the touch by now, tickling his bare elbows. When San glances down at himself, he's dies a little inside when he sees what he's wearing: a large white tshirt with a couple soup stains on it, as well as these bright yellow pyjama bottoms.

Oh my god. Honestly, it isn't San's fault that these dreams in particular show up at random. He also stayed at Mingi's house when he had the last one though, but San figures that doesn't really count.

Remembering what happened the last time he was here, San quickly peers out into the distance and at the many tall trees that surround him. There don't seem to be any 'Jukls' here this time around (or whatever it is that Wooyoung called them), which settles San's state of mind considerably.

"...most likely here. ...saw him, Yeosang."

San turns rigid at the faint voice he hears right then, panicking when he doesn't know where it comes from exactly. He throws himself on his feet, on high alert in case something -- or someone -- decides to ambush or something. San really hopes that isn't the case. He can't take any more scares.

Footsteps crunch over fallen leaves and branches. San stills, and the only thing he hears for a moment is his heartbeat.

More footsteps shuffle down the clearing, leisured and loud. San's more than sure now that they're coming from the left of him, and just as he spins to that side, a silhouette slithers in.

San pauses, and the person does as well, but then they take another step forward, the sunlight hitting them head-on.

Tan skin, blue eyes and long, braided hair greet San's vision, and he feels his breaths stutter in his throat. The male before him is dressed in another dark tunic, intricate golden designs sewn into its flowy fabric.

When he notices San's stare, he breaks out into a bright grin and turns to something behind him.

"See? I told you he would be there, Yeosang, and he is!" He proclaims at the unresponsive elf. San would've laughed at the unimpressed look 'Yeosang' gives the prince right then if they weren't talking about him this very second.

"You said that the day before, your highness," Yeosang states, his unreadable hazel eyes glancing San's way for a moment. San still can't believe that this is happening, if this is real or not. "And the day before that. And the day before tha -- "