16: human?

"You went to the southern kingdom?" Yunho's voice sounds incredulous from where he currently sits

"You went to the southern kingdom?" Yunho's voice sounds incredulous from where he currently sits. He's right across the table from Mingi, long legs grazing his from time to time. Mingi is caught between wanting him to stop, and loving the brief physical contact.

Ever since Mingi had apologized to Yunho on Thursday for blowing him off after their kiss, and held hands with him on the bus, nothing major had really happened. Well nothing major except for the fact that Yunho had gotten a little bolder with his touches. When they sat together for breakfast, Yunho would make sure to sit next to him, arm rubbing with his. When they got off the bus and they walked to class, Yunho would linger close by and inconspicuously brush their fingers together. It was as if he knew Mingi wasn't one for public displays of affection, and acted accordingly. They'd never talked about their feelings since then, but Mingi liked that Yunho didn't pressure him into doing anything.

And now, as the soft sunlight shifts through the buzzing café that Saturday morning, Mingi wants nothing more than to stretch his hand out to hold Yunho's. But he knows he can't -- not in this sort of place -- so he settles on bumping his shin against Yunho's instead.

Yunho's poker face is excellent, but the flush tainting the lower halves of Yunho's ears is not. It reminds Mingi of fresh roses in spring, a pretty hue that suits his handsome face perfectly. It's a little easier now to admit that the elf is fucking attractive -- gorgeous even -- although Mingi wouldn't be caught dead saying that out loud. No way.

"Yep, yesterday night," San is saying, taking a hearty sip of his strawberry boba. The guy always orders the same flavour every time yet he never gets sick of it. "I thought it'd been a normal dream at first -- like all the other ones I had before -- but then I met him again in the Zeeta forest. I met Wooyoung."

Yunho's brows furrow in contemplation, while Mingi tries not to stare too much. This is supposed to be serious discussion about San's bizarre dream encounters, yet here Mingi is, unabashedly staring at the taller.

"Wooyoung as in...the prince of the southern kingdom?" Yunho asks, his chai latte forgotten in front of him. "The one called Sol?"

San himself stops sipping on his drink, and he looks down. "Yeah. He was the one I met last week Saturday, him and his aide called Yeosang. I got to talk to them this time around before I woke up."

Yunho leans in, and Mingi doesn't think he likes the look on the elf's face right there and then. "They didn't...hurt you, did they?"

San's eyes widen, while Mingi feels all sorts of baffled.

"Why would they hurt San?" Mingi questions. "Are they not spiritual elves like you are?"

"Yes, they are," Yunho nods, his features still disturbed. "But they have different...ways of living than the northern kingdom does."

"What does that mean?" Mingi immediately asks. He doesn't want to be all confrontational, but San is already bothered by his dreams as is, and he doesn't want Yunho to add on to his worries.