Staying Away

All the excitement, all the happiness, drained out of me. "Y-You what?" I stuttered.

Silent tears ran down my mother's face as I stared blankly at her. "Gave you up," she croaked.

"But why?" My mind was racing.

"W-Well, I was young and I didn't feel ready to have a child. Your f-father and I were just married a year and I was so scared..."

My father tried to help. "Well, we were both terrified. We didn't think we were going to be good parents, and we wanted you to have everything you deserved. So we figured the best option was to give you to parents who were prepared."

"B-But I'm your child!" I exclaimed.

"I know, honey," my mom said as she put her hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off, but she continued. "We told the doctor before that we were giving you up, but he let me hold you and I just fell in love. I told him that you were my child and no one was taking you away from me."

"You should have made that decision in the first place," I said coldly.

"Samantha," my dad said through the phone in a disappointed voice. "I expected you to take this a lot easier, you're a teenager now and-"

"N-No, Steven. She's right. I should have taken control of my life before. And I should have told her sooner."

"Yeah, you should have," I growled and shoved my way past my mom.

"Where are you going?" My mom called out.

"To a friend's house," I grumbled.

I started waking towards Sydney's when it started pouring down rain. "Just my luck!" I yelled at the sky. I stomped my way over to her house and knocked on the door.

Josh came to the door. "Hey Sam, Sydney's not here though so-"

I cut him off by stepping in his house and going him a hug.

He was startled at first, but hugged me back. "What happened to you?"

"Everything, Josh. And also nothing," I sobbed.

"Woah, sounds like a serious issue. I'm sorry Sydney's not here."

"Actually, could you do me a favor?"

"What could I possibly do for you?" He joked.

"Drive me somewhere?"

"Where?"

"Amber's."

Hey! Sorry it's short. I just threw out 2 chapters in 4 days, but another one will be coming out soon :)

1.83K!!! Thank you so much to all of my readers!

'Nuff said. Bye for now bookworms!

With love, JLB175