The Date: Part 1

(What else would it be?)

Spencer POV:

What to wear, what to wear...

I pulled out a blue button down shirt from my closet and a nice pair of jeans. I put them on and looked in the mirror.

"I guess I look okay," I said to myself.

"You look better than okay," said the door.

"Huh?" I turned to see my dad in the doorway. "Oh, hey dad."

"Hey. You look great. Where are you going, dressed so fancy?"

Shoot. I didn't want to tell my dad about the date. I just told my mom and she said okay, but don't tell dad because he will freak out. So, I decided to lie.

"Um, mom and I are going out to dinner."

"Without me?" he questioned.

Ah, shoot. "It's like a mother to son bonding thing," I muttered, cursing myself for saying something so stupid.

"Okay," he said, unsure.

"Well, bye." I darted out of my room.

When I got downstairs, I went straight to my mom. "Hey mom so I kinda accidentally told dad that we were going out to dinner together for a mother son bonding thingy and so you can't come back home after you drop me off just find something to do," I spit out in one breath.

She just laughed. "I was going to tell him the same thing! I was just going to go out with a few friends after-"

My dad walked in. "So glad you two are doing this. Have fun!"

We walked out of my house. "You look nice," my mom said.

"Thanks mom. Is it-well- good enough for a date?"

She laughed again. "Of course, sweetheart. You look very handsome."

"Good." I was just hoping luck was on my side.
_________________________

After about 15 minutes, we got to the restaurant. I looked around to see if Sam was there and-

Holy crap. She looked AMAZING.

Sorry for the short chapter! The next chapter will be the date part 2 and it will be longer. It's also gonna be from Sam's POV.

Thanks!