Cliff Hanger Alert

I walked into school on Monday feeling very nervous. When I saw Spencer, my heart dropped. He looked awful. His eyes were red, and he had bags. His knuckles were bruised - from punching something or someone?

"Spencer?"

He looked at me, then looked away. "Leave me alone."

I just moved closer. "Spencer, what happened?"

He glared at me. "Like you don't know."

"Are you mad at me because of what Tyler did?"

"Don't play it off like it was only him." He held up a finger before I could interrupt. "I don't want an explanation, I know what I saw." He stomped away.
_________________________

I tried to talk to him all day with no luck. I even tried to text him.

Me: spencer, plz talk to me. I swear I didn't kiss him. He kissed me!

Me: Spencer, I care about you. I would never do that to you and you know it.

I waited a minute. When I saw the typing symbol, my heart lit up. But then it went away. And it didn't come back.

I didn't notice the tears until they rolled down my cheeks. Why would he think I would betray him?
_________________________

The next day, I had to stay after school and work on my science project. Since my teacher wasn't there yet, I decided to roam the school. I was walking down the 2nd floor hallways when I saw two silhouettes. I moved closer, but hid behind door so that they wouldn't see me.

"But what will she say?" It was a girl's voice.

"It doesn't matter. She doesn't control me." This was a boy.

"I don't know, she's my best friend. I thought you two were together."

I heard some whispers, then the girl gasped.

"I can't believe she would do that!"

"I know."

"Well, I guess it's alright then."

The girl leaned towards the boy, and they kissed. Since I knew most of the people in the school, I decided to move closer to see who it was. And I couldn't believe it.

It was Syd and Spencer.