Finally Seniors

The end of the year came and went, and Sam and Spencer stayed together through all of it. The summer went by as well, and they were still together. People began to think they wouldn't ever break up.

Another year went by, with no break ups. Well, except for one... but that's for another time.

It is now the first day of senior year and the couple is walking through the halls.

Sam POV:

I walked through the hallways, holding Spencer's hand, and lots of people said hi to me.

Yeah, me. Ever since I started dating Spencer, I became a lot more popular.

As a sat down in class, Ms. Lincoln called me up.

"Yes Ms. Lincoln?"

"We have a new student this year. She's in 10th grade but she's very smart, so she will be in this class. She's a little shy, and Ms. James suggested you as her helper. Would you mind...?"

I chuckled. Of course Ms. James would request me. I had become her favorite student.

I grinned. "Of course not. Where is she?"

Ms. Lincoln smiled. "Out in the hall."

I went back to my seat. "Spence, I'm going to meet the new girl. Be right back."

He gave me a peck on the cheek. "Okay."

I walked into the hallway and looked around. Standing against the wall was a small girl with red hair.

I went to her. "Are you the new girl?"

"Y-yes. Are you here to bully me?"

I just laughed. "Of course not! I'm Samantha, but everyone calls me Sam. I'm going to be your 'helper.' What's your name?"

She loosened up a little. "My name is Amber."

I may have freaked out a little. "OMG AMBER IS LIKE MY FAVORITE NAME EVER I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED IT ITS SO PRETTY YOURE SO LUCKY!"

She laughed. "Thanks," she said, blushing.

"Sorry about that. So, I hear you're very smart..." I wiggled my eyebrows.

Her face flushed. "I guess... who told you that?"

"Oh, just Ms. Lincoln. Why, is that embarrassing?"

"Well, not exactly. Can I tell you a secret?"

"Of course! You can trust me."

"In my old school, I was only good for my brain. I was bullied and I was teased. The only reason anyone would ever talk to me was 'Amber, I'm confused on number 17' or 'Amber, I'm too tired for this, can you do my homework?' I never had any real friends and my family ignored me. I was just the little nerdy one, nothing more. That's why I came here - for a fresh start."

Tears rolled down my cheeks that I didn't even know we're there. "I'm so sorry for your history, Amber."

She straightened her back. "It's not your fault."

"Well, I'll help you with your fresh start. I'll be your first friend."

Her eyes widened. "Really? You mean that?"

"Of course."

"It's nothing personal, but as you know, the people in my past lied. All the time. So if I don't trust you right away, don't take it personally."

"I promise I won't betray your trust."

"B-but I just said I might not trust you."

"Amber, you told me about your entire past within the first 10 minutes of meeting me. I think you might trust me a little."

She grinned. "I did, didn't I?"

Hello! So obviously Amber is the new character.

Do you guys like her? I do 😉

Bye for now bookworms!

With love, JLB175