Chapter 23 ⭐️

Rui's POV:

Nene hung up the call and looked at me.

"He's in the park at the biggest tree" she said, frowning "and tell him I'm sorry for lying, but he needs support right now"

I nodded as I slipped on my coat and shoes, grabbing an extra sweater for Tsukasa.

"Alright, and don't feel bad, okay? He'll understand" I assured as I hurried out the door

"Be nice to him!" Emu hollered as I jogged down the hallway

I called the elevator and waited, and as soon as the doors opened, my eyes widen and a frown made its way across my face.

"Rui! Are you alright?" Tess asked as she reached out to hug me

"Yeah, peachy" I grumbled, shoving past her and pressing the Lobby button

"Wait wait! Ru!" She whined, hopping back in

"Please don't call me that" I said, avoiding her gaze

"Wh- what's wrong? Are you mad at me?" She asked again as the doors closed

"What do you think could possibly be wrong right now?" I snipped

"Is it Tsukasa? What did he do? He seemed mad at you?"

"Bold of you to assume Tsukasa is the problem"

"Well who else would hurt you like this?"

"Excuse me, are you saying Tsukasa is trying to hurt me like this? Are you assuming Tsukasa is the one bringing me down and destroying me? Because you've got it all wrong if that's the case" I snarled

"B-but... well I didn't mean it like- like that!" She tried

"Than how did you mean it?" I questioned, looking her up and down

"I- I...umm" she mumbled

"Mhm, figured" I scoffed, stepping out as the doors opened "You knew we've liked each other. You've known from the very start, and it's not like it wasn't obvious I liked him too"

"B- But I-"

"No, you've messed it up, you tried to make a move knowing damn well I would say no and I was in love with Tsukasa. I'm sorry Tess, but goodbye" I snapped as I walked away

She tried calling my name. She yelled and screamed for me to come back, that I was wrong, that I would be happier with her, but I ignored every word as I walked out of the building and away from her.

The snow had picked up as I made my way through the park. It was cold and my nose was running, but I could honestly care less, I just wanted to find Tsukasa and apologize.

It didn't take long to find him, the tree he was under was definitely an obvious one. He was curled up at the bottom, head between his knees and shoulders shaking aggressively. I felt so bad. It was my fault this happened.

"Tsukasa" I said, regret laced into my voice

He picked his head up quickly, his face was red and tear stained.

"What" he snarled

"I want to talk to you" I whispered

"Whatever" he frowned pointing the ground next to him and scooting over. I sat down, well, I squatted, the ground was cold and wet and unpleasant.

"I'm so, so so unbelievably sorry Tsukasa" I started "I didn't mean for it to happen, it just did. I knew what she wanted, and what she was doing, but I couldn't bring myself to say no or avoid her. It was an awkward situation I didn't know how to deal with but I should've just dealt with it instead of letting her have her way."

I looked at the boy, and he had his head turned away from me. I couldn't tell if his sniffles were from crying or the cold.

"She's been bad from the start, but I didn't see that right away, but you did. You saw it and I ignored your signs and now you're hurt because of my ignorance. I should've listened and I'm a terrible person for not."

"Yeah...yeah you kinda are" the blonde muttered, still refusing to look at me

"I understand if you don't want to forgive me. You can hate me forever if you want, but please, I just want you to know that you're amazing, and I think I love you too" I paused as a tear ran down my face "You probably hate me now, but I love you, if that makes any difference. Thank you for hearing me out"

Beside me, Tsukasa began to cry again.

"Rui, you messed up, you let her play you, and sure, I'm angry, but I don't think I could hate you" he said as he finally turned to me "But do you mean it? Do you actually love me? Or are you saying that to fuck with me?"

"I love you. I have for a long, long time now. Ever since our big argument all those years ago, I've seen something in you. Your reliable, smart, funny, brilliant, caring, compassionate, and are able to fulfill any role you are given. That's what I admire about you, and that's why I fell for you. This isn't to manipulate you or pretty lies to get you to come back, this is genuine, I promise" at this point I was crying too

"Really?" The other questioned, still skeptical

"Yes really" I assured "in fact, I was planning on asking you out tonight, but Tess got there first and messed it up"

"Wait r-really?" He blushed

"Mhm, I've been planning it for a while now. I wanted it to be sweet and romantic and perfect, but I suppose it messed that up pretty damn good, huh?"

"Hehe...that's funny, I was planning on the same thing too" He admitted, scooting closer to me "And that's sweet, Ru. You've always been so kind to me, I'm sorry I ran off, I just couldn't process everything"

"You have no reason to be sorry, Tsu. Your not hurt and nothing bad happened, so as long as your safe, I'm alright with what you do, even if it's running away" I joked a little

"Your an ass, you know that?" He hummed

"I do, thank you" I smiled, taking his hand in mine

"I'm sorry Tsukasa, I love you"

"I love you too, Rui" the other boy smiled, bringing his face close to mine

I closed my eyes as our lips met. It was euphoric. I've been wanting to kiss him for so long and here I am.We kissed for another few seconds before pulling away.

"I'm glad you came to talk" Tsukasa said as he hugged me

"And I'm glad you listened" I grinned, pulling him in close

We sat together for a while, a long while actually. It was obvious we've both been wanting to do this for a while now, so it finally felt good to. It wasn't for a good 5 minutes until we got up because it was cold.

I finally came to my senses and handed Tsukasa the extra sweater I brought for him, which was somewhat dry considering I left it in my lap. He slipped the sweater on and I took his hand, guiding us back to the dormitory.

———————————————————————

Guys I just realized the book is almost finished :,(