Chapter 13.5 ⭐️

Nene's POV:

It was around 2 in the morning. By now everyone had fallen asleep but I was left staring at the ceiling. It wasn't very dark, the bright city beyond campus let a good amount of light in the room, and the occasional passing of a car only illuminated it more. I sighed and rolled over, facing Emu, who was also fast asleep, her face relaxed from its usual ear to ear smile.

I decided it would be best to try to get myself to fall asleep, so I got up and walked to my bedside table, being careful not to step on Tsukasa who was asleep on the floor in front of it, and grabbed my melatonin bottle. I popped to gummies and screwed the lid back on, hearing someone mumble something.

"nen..." they mumbled quietly

I put the bottle back in the drawer and tiptoed over to her.

"Yes love" I whispered, she squinted at me

"What're you doing?" She asked, reaching up to grab my hand, pulling me down to sit

"Grabbing some melatonin, I couldn't sleep"

The other girl nodded, letting go of my hand and patting the bed bedside her

"Lay back down" she instructed and I did, almost immediately she had her arms around me and her face in my neck

"One day you'll be able to sleep easy-peasy" she muttered

"One day" I hummed, kissing the top of her head. Emu sighed in satisfaction, before her breathing slowed and evened out, she was soon asleep

I rubbed up and down her back comfortingly until I knew she was all the way asleep.

About a year ago I was diagnosed with Insomnia. It's was a genetical case I had gotten from my dad, and it seems like it got worse when it passed to me. The doctors couldn't do as much as I would've liked, but they put me on Melatonin and a couple other sleep-inducing pills. It had certainly gotten a bit better over the last year, but it still wasn't gone. Normally it would've gone away faster, but it just hasn't for me, which has made everything difficult. I know Emu was supportive, and would do anything to help, I just wish it would go away. But I suppose I have to keep a positive mindset like she said.

I sighed and closed my eyes, kissing Emu once again and waiting for the sleep to come.

————————————————————————

AN: Idk, short chapter I guess? What did y'all think