Chapter 18 ⭐️

Tsukasa's POV:

Soon enough it was a late Thursday afternoon. I was sprawled out on my bed, scrolling mindlessly through my phone as my purple haired roommate worked on a new robotic creation. Nene and Emu would be coming home on Saturday. Speaking of the two, they had gotten engaged shortly after we called them, they texted us about it later that night. I'm so happy for them, although, I couldn't figure out why I felt a twinge of jealousy. Maybe I'm just lonely, romantically speaking. Of course I have Rui, but I doubt he likes me back.

What if I asked him out though? I mean, it wouldn't hurt to tell him. He already knows I'm gay, so it wouldn't be a total surprise about me liking one of the same gender. But would Mk he care that he's my best friend and I've been admiring from for God knows how long?

I sighed, closing my phone and setting it down on the pillow beside me. Maybe it would be good to get it off my chest. But, when would I do it?

"Are you alright Kasa?" Rui asked, keeping most of his focus on the wires and mechanics in front of him

"Huh?" I said, not realizing he was talking to me "oh uh, yeah, I'm fine, just tired"

"Alright, let me know if you need anything" the other offered, returning his full attention to the creation in front of him

I nodded and my train of thought continued.

'What if he does like me back? There's a possibility, but I don't know how high it is. He's awfully sweet and protective to me sometimes, but is that just him?' I thought back to how he was when we first met, sarcastic, funny, hardworking, confident, but he's definitely started acting different towards me since the argument 'Maybe he's just matured, he was a bit childish when we first met'

My phone buzzed beside me and I picked it up, expecting a text from Emu or Nene, but I was surprised to see it from our group chat with Tessa.

Tessa:
You guys wanna come over tonight? I made cookies and I can't eat them all by myself ^^

Rui 🤖:
Yes, that sounds fun, any particular time

Tessa:
Whenever, you can come now if you want

Rui:
Alright then, I'll be over, I'll bring Tsukasa too

Tessa:
Okie Dokie

I didn't bother texting there, I don't know what it is but everything about Tess gave me weird vibes. I don't know, she just seemed fake to me, although I wouldn't say that aloud.

"You wanna come with me? You didn't say anything in the chat and I know you saw it" Rui said, standing up from his chair and stretching

I thought for a minute before coming to a decision, so I agreed and got up to put on my slippers.

The two of us walked out of the dorm and out to Tess's room. In the elevator we were quiet. Normally, if we were quiet, it was comforting or going unnoticed, but today it felt...awkward? I'm not sure, but it didn't feel right. From beside me Rui had a tense energy but I couldn't figure out why, so I just settled on the idea of it being schoolwork.

When we got to her room it didn't take long for the door to swing open and the energetic brunette to come flying out to greet us.

"Rui! Tsukasa! Good to see you guys!" She exclaimed as she pulled us into the room, sitting us down on the small couch while she jumped onto her bed "How've you two been?"

"Alright, homework's been bothersome but that's not something to be to stressed over" Rui smiled

"Yeah, but I mean, it's collage! I wouldn't expect anything less!" Tess agreed cheerfully, turning to me "How about you? You've been awfully quiet in the group chat"

"Oh, yeah sorry, just not big on texting" I lied, praying that Rui wouldn't rat me out

"Fair enough, some people are like that" the girl said, believing what I said, and to my relief Rui stayed quiet too

"And yourself? How are you?" Rui questioned, leaning back to rest his head on the back cushions

'God he looks so hot when he does that' I thought, shaking my head when I caught myself blushing

"I'm gre- oh, you alright Tsukasa?" Tess said, noticing my sudden action

"Wha? Oh yeah, sorry, my ears were ringing for a second there" I lied yet again

"Mk" she nodded, before continuing with her stories about her life from the past few days

For the majority of the time we were there, I stayed quiet, however I started talking when I noticed Tessa getting closer to Rui.

When we first got to her room, she sat on her own bed, but later she had eventually made her way over to the couch, and had begun leaning on Rui every now and then. It looked like she was trying to get close to him too, every time she laughed at a joke she would put her hand on his shoulder, chest, or legs.

I couldn't figure out why but I was angry at that, could it be jealousy? Maybe, I'm not sure. But Rui himself looked pretty uncomfortable whenever she did that.

I decided now would be a good time to get out of there, so I made up an excuse.

"Oh geez Rui! You're hilario-"

"Rui, let's head back, it's getting late and I don't want the hall security getting mad at us again" I interrupted her

"Oh, you're right Tsukasa! Look at the time!" He exclaimed, quickly standing up, Tess nearly falling over "Sorry Tess"

"Oh you're fine! Don't worry about it" she smiled

We said our goodbyes and walked to the door, but before we could leave, the girl brought up an invitation.

"Hey, why don't you guys come to the party next week? It's in dorm D-635" she offered, looking hopeful "It's gonna be so fun! You should come if you can! I'll text you the other information"

"Oh ok" I nodded

"Sounds fun, send us the information and we'll be there" Rui smiled, like he forgot how uncomfortable he looked only minutes ago

"Perfect! See you guys later! Byeeeee!" She waved as she shut the door

I sighed and grabbed Rui's wrist, walking him down the hall behind me.

"She's a handful" I said, pressing the button to call the elevator "The way she was touching you was weird"

"I- uh...yeah a little bit" the other agreed hesitantly "but that's just her! I know plenty of people like that"

"I know, but you looked uncomfortable" I said

"Only a little..." Rui sighed, stepping into the elevator "But thanks for getting me out"

"Of course" I smiled

The rest of the ride was quiet, but not awkward like it had been before. At some point during the ride, Rui had taken my hand off his wrist and entwined it with his own, my face going red as soon as I noticed.

We walked back to the room and ate some left over curry from the fridge, before slipping on our pajamas and brushing our teeth. We divided to turn on a movie while we fell asleep, but as soon as my head hit my pillow, I was asleep.