Chapter 8 ⭐️

Tsukasa opened his eyes groggily. His chest felt heavy, and so did his arm. He looked to his left, to see a purple haired boy sleeping on top of him.

His face flared red, but he didn't dare move, he didn't wanna wake Rui up.

It took him a minute, but then he remembered what they had been doing the night before; the two of them had stayed up watching YouTube and Rui had fallen asleep. Now he remembered how he tried to wake his roommate up, but he couldn't, so he just left him there and fell asleep on his own time.

I looked at his sleeping face, he looked so calm. He normally was when he was awake, but it was different when he was asleep. He honestly looked cute.

DAMMIT WHY CAN'T I STOP SAYING THAT??

I had said it yesterday to, when I fixed his hair (which he had left up), but it slipped out, my mouth talking on its own.

I brought my free hand to my face and covered my eyes, embarrassed. At this rate he'll figure out I like him.

Yes, I do like him, I feel like it's pretty official now, considering all that's happened in the past month or so.

The boy beside me stirred, yawning before taking his arm from my chest to around my ribs, hugging me.

Another wave of heat his my face, and a pathetic squeak came out of my mouth.

'God Tsukasa, get your shit together' I scolded myself

I admit, I was quite pathetic when I was flustered, and Rui holding me like this was no help. Ugh, how long was this crush going to last?

——— Time skip: 7:30 (brought to you by gay panic ———

At this point I've been laying here for a while, and was a little relieved when my alarm clock sounded.

BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!! BEE-

I reached over Rui and hit the button on the top, quieting it

"Mmmph" Rui grumbled

"Wake up, we gotta get ready" I whispered

Rui mustered up the courage to open his eyes, looking up at me and smiling.

"Morning" he grinned, sitting up and off me "sorry about that, I'm a cuddly person when I sleep"

"Oh, don't worry about it, it was fine" I lied

"Mk" he yawned, rolling his neck, which let out a loud, satisfying pop.

"Nice" I commented on the sound, and Rui giggled, getting off the bed and walking to the closet, digging through it to find clothes for the day.

He picked some out and walked into the bathroom. When he was gone, I grabbed my own clothes and quickly slipped them on, I didn't feel like waiting for the bathroom.

I tossed my clothes in the bin and Rui opened the door, before turning around to stand at the sink. When I looked at him I noticed he took his hair stuff out, but now it was poofy from being pushed back all night. I walked in and grabbed my toothbrush like he also had, and put a glob of toothpaste on it.

We brushed our teeth in silence, it wasn't to easy to talk with stuff in your mouth. I spit first, and then Rui.

"Your hair looks good all fluffy like that" I commented, my mouth speaking on its own again, but it wasn't a lie.

"Oh, thanks, I kinda like it like this too" he smiled, bringing a hand to touch it

I grabbed the hairbrush from the counter and faced him, brushing out his mildly tangled hair.

"There, all good" I smiled as I set the brush down

"Thanks" he nodded, walking out of the bathroom and grabbing his bag

I grabbed mine as well and slipped my shoes on. Before I left I pocketed my phone, keys, and wallet, before opening the door, stepping out. Rui locked it and we walked off down the hallway.

————————————————————————

AN: I know it's short but it's cute to think about :)