Chapter 7 ⭐️

Thursday; 6:57 PM

Rui connected the two wires for the circuit, the eyes on his robot lighting up. He grabbed the small remote from beside him, which he had programmed to connect to the circuit so he could control the eyelids and color of the irises, along with the direction in which they moved.

Rui would admit, as simple as the mechanics for it were, it was still nice to build something easy every now and then. His thoughts were cut off as the front door slammed open, making him jump in his chair and whirl around, faced with a grinning Tsukasa.

"Ruuuuiiii! I'm back!!" The blonde exclaimed as Rui put a hand to his chest, trying to soothe his racing heart.

"That you are" He murmured with an awkward smile, breathing in a deep breath "whatcha got there?" He asked, pointing to the small box his roommate was holding.

"I got a new headset for our performances, it matches Lens a bit but it's got star designs instead of just a single color" Tenma explained as he made his way over to Rui and snatched the scissors off his desk, cutting the box open and smiling as he pulled out the headphones.

"Is that why your in such a good mood?" Rui questioned, taking the scissors as Tsukasa handed them back to him.

"No, just a good mood today in general" The blonde replied, pulling some of the plastic off before fitting the headphones onto his head, adjusting the size as needed.

"That's good" Rui hummed, brushing some of his bangs out of his face.

His hair was kind of annoying, it was always in his face and he was surprised he hasn't gotten mad enough to cut it yet. Kamishiro knew Tsukasa would be mad if he cut it though, he had always said it's a good length and fit Rui's face, so it must be just fine then; he trusted his friends judgement.

Tenma must've noticed his struggle, because a moment later he set the headset down and pointed to Rui's head.

"Want me to do it up for you? It'll stay out of your face" he offered, and the taller boy nodded.

"Please, it's a pain in the ass when I'm hunched over like this" He sighed as Tsukasa nodded and walked to his bedside table, from which he grabbed a hair tie, hair clips, and a head band.

"Ok just stay still" Tsukasa instructed as he stood behind Rui, who sat on a stool in front of the blonde boy.

"Mk" Kamishiro hummed as his roommate grabbed some of his hair. Almost on instinct, Rui leaned into Tenmas hands a little. Tsukasa was always so gentle when he did Rui's hair, and it was really nice to feel that kind of carefulness. If he was being completely honest Rui could melt into Tsukasa's touch forever.

The blonde started humming a tune, one Rui only barely recognized. He listened for a moment longer before asking him.

"What song is that?"

"Oh, it's one of Leo/Needs songs; Ikanaide. Tsukasa replied, working his fingers through the taller boys mildly tangled hair.

"Oh, I think I've heard it once or twice, it's a good one" Rui said, tilting his head back into Tsukasa's hands a little more.

"It is, I know it doesn't seem like my speed but slower songs are really nice" The blonde said, and Rui nodded a little.

"I think it's cool to have something that goes against your personality a bit though, if you know what I mean" He hummed smiling to himself as Tenma chuckled softly.

"Oh, yeah, I guess so" Tsukasa murmured, and even if he wasn't looking, Rui could see that adorable small smile on his roommates face.

Kamishiro waited for a moment longer, before Tsukasa finished with the back of his head, and instructed Rui to turn and face him. The other boys hands were close to his face while he worked and Rui was a little worried Tsukasa would notice the light dusting of red across his cheeks.