Chapter 10 ⭐️

Tsukasa's POV:

Despite the fact I said I was going to sleep, I haven't. Thunder boomed loudly in the distance. I know I said I liked rain storms, and it was true, I did, but thunder made me jumpy.

Light came from outside the window, illuminating the room for only a spilt second before disappearing again.

To think I'd be used to these things by now, partially because I'm almost 20, but also because of Rui's crazy weather machines he whipped up for our old shows.

I was lost in thought, listening to the rain pounding, when a loud boom of thunder sounded, followed by a deafening crack of lighting and a blinding light.

"EEE" I yelped, jumping up from the mattress

"Ughh... Kasa? Are you alright?" Rui asked with a grumble, I heard his sheets shuffle, he probably sat up

"Yeah...sorry...um, the noises startled me" I admitted quietly

"Oh, um...ok" he mumbled, still half asleep

Another thunder roared the distance filled by an even louder crack of lightning, which were closer this time than last

I shouted in fear again, and I also heard Rui gasp a little, also startled.

"Sorry, I'm being really loud" I mumbled, bringing my knees to my chest in comfort

"Your ok, don't worry about it"

I sighed, goosebumps running down my spine

"Hey...uh" Rui started "Weird suggestion, but if you want you can come lay with me...if uh it'll help you calm down that is. I know your anxiety spikes when it's loud, I figured it might help"

I paused, looking in the dark to where his bed would be, my face burning hot and red

"Oh um...yeah, if you alright with it" I said quietly

"Alright, I'm fine if you are" he spoke

"Ok" I said, still flushed in the face, and throwing the blankets off myself and walking blindly towards the purple haired boy

Another thunder sounded and I flinched again. I sat down on the edge of his bed and flipped the covers over myself. Rui, still half asleep despite the noise, wrapped his arms around me.

Before I knew it he started to fall asleep, with me in his arms, feeling feverish.

I wrapped my arms around his torso slowly, not knowing where to put myself. My breathing was a little uneven from being embarrassed, the boy holding me, however, was breathing away peacefully, as though the storm wasn't even there.

Thunder boomed again, and I flinched. Rui held me a little tighter.

I think laying with him was making my situation worse, but at the same time I haven't been more comfortable.

Thunder and lightning continued to sound and I had only relaxed with Rui. He was right, I always relaxed when I was holding someone, or vice versa. It was nice to know someone was their with you.

Saki and I had a conversation a while ago about love languages, and we came to the conclusion that mine were quality time, words of affirmation, and physical touch. It made sense.

But for now, I focused on Rui and the tapping on the window, instead of the louder sounds. I closed my eyes, it took a while for me to fall asleep, but eventually I got there, with Rui by my side.

————————————————————————

Idk what I'm doing rn, it's almost midnight and I'm so tired (that's why it's short) but I've been wanting to write something like this for a while now, so I did it

Sorry I didn't get a chapter out earlier today, but I'll have one out sooner in the day tomorrow <3

-T