Chapter 2 ⭐️

Rui pushed the last pin for his poster into the wall before hopping off his bed and slipping on his slippers, Tsukasa doing the same.

Rui opened the door for his roommate before following him out and closing it behind himself. They walked down the hall together, chatting about what they would be learning in their upcoming classes. They walked throughout the big hallway before stepping into the elevator and going down a floor; stepping out and beginning to look for room 216-B, where Emu and Nene were staying.

The two boys eventually found the room towards the end of the hallway and knocked.

Almost instantly, the door flew open and Emu jumped at the two of them, wrapping them both in a tight hug, which they quickly returned.

"EEEEEEEEEE! HI GUYS! I MISSED YOU!!" She squealed, jumping off us and smiling brightly.

"Missed you too, Emu" Rui smiled, ruffling her hair playfully.

"Same here" Kasa smiled beside him. God, his smile was beautiful.

"Come in! Nene got the games set up!" The young girl beamed, bouncing back into her room. The blonde and Rui followed behind her, shutting the door behind them.

"Nene my lovely!~ They're here!~" Emu sang, skipping over to her green-haired girlfriend who was fiddling with the Nintendo.

"I've noticed" she smiled, standing up and walking towards us, hugging Rui then the blonde.

"How've you guys been?" She asked after letting go of Rui's roommate.

"Great! We got unpacked really quickly and I'm really happy with our dorm, it's got plenty of space" the blonde smiled, extending his arms to demonstrate the size; Rui chuckled at his childish gestures.

"I'm also good, we got settled fast and I'm also satisfied with the dorm space" The taller boy added sitting down on the couch, Kasa mimicking his action.

"Well, I'm glad you're happy, but unfortunately, I'm about to dampen your moods and crush your asses in Mario Kart" she smiled smugly, pointing to herself.

"YEAH! LET'S GO NENE!" Emu cheered, wrapping her arms around the other girl with a small squeeze.

"Pfft, you wish" Tsukasa taunted, flicking his blonde-to-peach hair.

"You're going down" Rui added, throwing an arm around Tsukasa's shoulders in agreement.

"Ha, we'll see" Nene smirked, handing both of them a remote.

Rui took it, fidgeting with the buttons absent mindedly as he listened to Tsukasa ramble about how he was the best at the game. Rui liked his voice. Although he's heard people say it's annoying; high pitched, too loud or whatnot, Rui thinks Tsukasa has a great voice, it's very comforting and expressive; he likes it.

"Alright, you guys versus us, whoever gets both players across the finish line first wins, losers buy doughnuts for breakfast tomorrow" Nene started as she began to choose her character, Inkling girl.

"You're going down!" Rui laughed, clicking on Inkling boy.

"There's no way you guys can win, we've had loads of practice since we've last played together!" Tsukasa added, clicking Luigi.

"But we've had double-millions more!" Emu shot back jokingly, clicking Toad.

They all customized their karts, still bickering over who would win, until everyone finished and they would select a course.

"Ok, should we do a warmup race or no, I say yes so we can all get prepared" Nene spoke, flicking through the races.

"Let's do a warm up, I think it's good to get ready to ABSOLUTELY DESTROY YOU!" Kasa yelled, making Nene flinch a little, but she brushed it off quickly.