15 : TRISTAN

Now was the time I was dreading yet excited about, I see Bellas face paling the moment he asked the same question, he had asked moments back, Bella moves her eyes up breaking eye contact with Ethan and staring at me nervously, even she was deciding the way to break it without much damage, we could have just ripped the bandage off, if it were someone older but, these two were just four maybe almost five who might have no idea about how emotions work they could take it any way, they will either brush it off like it does not matter, take it in a easy way with huge smile on their faces or bawl their eyes out. I would definitely prefer if they go with my second assumption because I am sure I can not bear the idea of seeing them in tears.

I hear the throat clearing I look at Bella who fidgets with her hands twisting her fingers with one another, asking me if she should start, I blink in agreement asking her to go on, I stare at her as she leads them holding their hands to the couch which was now disoriented, I follow suite and take up the space beside her maintaining appropriate distance, the kids stare at us in confusion.

"So, Eve do you remember what you had wished for from Santa last Christmas?" She questions her, confusing me and making me think why the hell she was asking this now. My daughter seems to think the same, before her face brightens up for a second and dampening the next moment.

"I asked him to tell my dad, that I miss him and he should comeback from his trip quickly". My eyes snap up and throat closes as soon as I hear her say that, tears prick in the back of my eyes for the first time as I hear her voice break at the end and face turning red. I see Bella getting emotional as well, but she composes by blinking her eyes quickly.

"You know Eve Santa as granted your wish". She says smiling softly at her and Ethan who seems to be taking in everything slowly yet seriously maybe even thinking where this was all heading at. Eve who was about to cry few seconds ago perks up, her eyes widening in happiness and smile gracing her lips lightening her entire face.

"Really, do you mean dad is going to come back did he call you? When is he comeback? Shall we go to the airport to pick him up with the pluck card Ill draw him?" She fires her questions in one breathe, excitement evident in her eyes making my heart warm up at her anticipation. While Ethans face brightens slightly hearing about the information his mother said just now. Bella laughs at our daughter and shakes her head slightly,

"No baby we dont have to go any where". She answers, her voice soft and warm.

"Then mom, how will daddy know where we leave, did you send him our address, what if he gets lost while finding us". Her lower lip wobbles and her brows cringe as if she was going to cry at the thought of her daddy getting lost, if that is the case than hands down I have got the sweetest daughter.

"Oh, no no he would not, in fact Eve, he is....." Bella darts her eyes sidewards, her fingers combing through her hair, yet another nervous tic, I just blink at her in a assuring manner saying I would back her up on anything she says, I am OK if she needs time to come clean with them, since I now know that if not today she will say it tomorrow, her acceptance is already a big step so I can wait for a few more hours or may be a day or two. My daughter on the other hand is tapping her foot impatiently to actually understand what her mom is trying to say.

"MOM, tell me why are you stopping at every sentence, he is what?" This time its Ethan, he was being a silent spectator all this while, but now he seems to have lost his patience, which is very clear from the way his voice raised a bit more than his usual tone.

"Fine, stop yelling young man, I am getting to the point, and stop scrapping those finger tips on my couch". She scolds him taking out her nervousness on him and I am very sure she said the last part just to distract him and get more time to overcome her nervousness.

"OK, thats it I am telling it now or never, listenbabythismanoverhereisyourfathercommonnowsayhellotoyourdad". She blurts out the actual thing so quickly, that if I was not aware of what the matter is about I would think she lost her brain out somewhere.

"Sorry mother, but I did not get assigned to learn gibberish in school since its a very rare language. So will you please be kind enough to translate it into ENGLISH". Sarcasm dripped from every word, nope every letter as he spoke, I wanted to laugh out loud at the way Bellas face morphed, at our sons mockery.

"Ethan there is no subject called gibberish in our school remember, maybe we should ask mom to tell our principle to add it in our curriculum oh, or maybe she can assign herself to teach, since she is the only one to speak that language". This time I could not control it, I laughed out loud making three heads to face me, Bellas glare was so fierce, making me think that she was just seconds away from kicking us all out.

"Will you all SHUT UP, and you stop laughing". She stood up facing us and pointing her pointer finger at all three of us, she looked like a strict teacher who would beat the shit out of irritating kids in class. I made a lip zipping action and raised my hands up in agreement.

"Now, that you all are done mocking me, what I am trying to say is that, this person here next to you is your daddy, he came back yesterday and wanted to meet you, but I asked him to come today. Thats it".What the actual fuck, she just said it like that no warnings or dropping clues, the kids had their jaw dropped, and me I am flabbergasted by her abruptness, having no clue what to do, all I know is that the cat is out of the bag.