4 : ISABELLE

Mr. Albert opens the door once we reach the fashion house. I step out and look up at the name, which never fails to make me proud of how far I have come without anyone having my back. Shaking my head to get rid of the thoughts, I grabbed my kids hands who were already unbuckled from their seats and made my way inside.

Employees wish me with respect, while a few even wave at the kids, nodding in their direction, I move towards the private elevator with my head held high and shoulders straightened. I always take pride in what I do. Why shouldnt I when I have sacrificed my numerous days and nights to the growth of this fashion house.

Scanning my hand, I entered my office, which is on the 8th floor, also the last one, where it is just me and a little cubicle outside my office that is of Suzzanne my PA. I was welcomed by a huge mahogany table in the center with a swivel chair behind it, there is a small make shift play room and nursery at the corner, since my kids would be regular here until their school starts which is not going to begin for another few months. The left side of the office opens to a small room with a bed, a washroom, and a couch.

My Louboutin clicked as I made my way towards the table, while the kids headed off to their play home. Sitting before the already set table, I take up one of the files and flipped it open. Even before going through it, I was interrupted by a knock on the door. Suzzanne entered through it once I had acknowledged the knock, with a coffee in one hand and an envelope which seemed like an invitation in the other.

"Good morning, Ms. Spencer. Here is your daily caffeine and this one is the invitation for the charity event that is going to be held next week by Mr. Mark".

Saying this, Suzzanne hands over the invitation to me and places the coffee mug on the table. Thanking her and going through todays schedule, I dismissed her.

Taking a sip from the piping hot coffee, I glance down at the invitation card in hand, which just mentions my name, the address of the event followed by a thank you. I have been to numerous events while I have stayed in England, to know that these events were nothing but a show from snobby rich people highlighting the amount of cash they have. Well, still I am supposed to go, even if I hate it to the brink. Since it's also a place, you could develop new business relations and connections.

Sighing loudly, I glanced towards the kids who were in their own innocent world unaware of the cruel society they had to face once they grow up.

Shaking my head, I focused back on the file that I had taken up, which had new designs to be carried out. With that halting my thoughts and shutting out everything around me, I immersed myself into work.

Next week was here sooner than I had expected, being buried in the work and the progress of upcoming designs that had to be exported to other states, I never realized how the week passed by.

Standing before the closet, I rummage through the gowns for todays evening. After going through a few, I decided to go with the red one that would perfectly do for todays evening.

Checking out the time, I realized, I had three more hours to get to the event. Not wanting to be delayed, I made my way to the bathroom to get showered. Once done with an hour-long pampering session, I move out with robe tied around to get ready, setting myself on the dressing stool I start with makeup, I wasnt much of a makeup fan, so I just fixed my face with light makeup, with contour highlighting my already sharp cheek bones, mascara and deep red lipstick that goes well with the gown, complementing myself for the work done I start with my hair, I just styled it into a messy bun with few frills falling over my face. Once done with hair and makeup, I get up and move towards the bed where I had set my clothing. Getting rid of the robe, I pulled the gown up my body.

The gown stuck to my figure like a second skin. I agree that I did not have the body of a model who is too skinny, but I sure had the right curves at required areas with zero fat, the gown was thin strapped with plunging neckline that showcased subtle amount of cleavage, and a slit running down my left thigh showing off my toned leg, I paired it up with matching heels and made my way out not before grabbing a clutch that completed my todays look.

Clicking of my heels on the marbled floor grabbed the attention of my children who were on the floor with their toys scattered around. They stood up in aww staring at their mom descending. Once I came down, they ran towards me, hugging my legs.

"You look beautiful mommy", complemented Ethan in his baby voice.

"You look like a princess momma". Evelyn followed in the same tone.

I bent down thanking them, while kissing their foreheads. In return, I was awarded with cheek kisses from either side, smiling down and instructing them not to trouble aunt Mary who was staying behind to take care of them in my absence.

Bidding them bye after a load of instructions, I made my way out to see Mr. Albert in the driveway beside a sparkly white limousine, which is just used for these occasions.

"You look gorgeous tonight Ms. Spencer", Albert greeted me with a compliment.

Thanking him with a smile, I entered the car through the door that was already opened by Mr. Albert.

Mr. Albert drove past the driveway once I was ready, leaving me to think about the people that I was going to interact with tonight.

When everything was going fine, who knew that I would come face to face with the past that I had been avoiding for almost 5 years?