3 : TRISTAN

Standing on the 44th floor of Knight Industries that gives the most beautiful view of the New York skyline, I stared out at nowhere in particular, I was so lost in my own world that I did not even realize someone knocking and entering my office.

"Penny for your thoughts Tristan", bringing me out of my thoughts, their stood Luca one of my best friends, with his carefree attitude and a mischievous grin on his face.

But never judge the book by its cover, Luca Edwardo can be serious or can kick any ones ass when he is angry. He is an Italian with tall built-up masculine structure that made him a total flirt well a Casanova you can say.

What brings you here, I asked him maintaining a straight face.

"Dude, at least greet, and it has been so fucking long since you have hung out with the group, so why don't you join us tonight at Blue Whale even Marco and Aiden are joining. And before you argue or deny it, listen you do not have a choice it is a weekend Tristan you can relax and take a break from this load".

He rambled everything in a go that he took up a huge breath once he was done with his speech and looked up expectantly, heaving a sigh I said.

"Fine I will be their just text me the timings", his eyebrows rose in amazement followed by a full-fledged smile on his lips. Leaping forward he took me by surprise by embracing me. Patting my back twice he stared back into my eyes and stated.

"Its ok to take a break Tristan, do not lose hope you will find her".

Saying this he moved back and left my office. Once again pushing me back to resume my thoughts.

It has been almost five years and yet there is no clue of where she could be. It's like she as vanished into a thin air. I have literally searched for her in every possible corner of the country only to be empty handed by the end. I know I have made a mistake in fact a sin that she might not forgive me for, but still don't I deserve a second chance. Why am I even thinking the way I am thinking now?

It was me who asked her to get out, it was me who asked her to never show her face again, but I never thought that she would keep up her end this strongly.

Moving towards my desk, I glanced at a portrait that was taken by Luca a year prior to our wedding, before taking it in my hand and caressing it. It was a beautiful picture of us at a fair with huge grins spread on our faces while we were facing each other, my Bella was wearing a bunny headband making her even cuter.

I miss her immensely; I just want her back in my life which currently feels like a hell hole.

No matter what it takes, I am going to use my entire will to find her and beg her for forgiveness until she accepts me back in her life. Even if it takes me another three years, because life without her feels useless and empty. Setting the picture back in its place I move back to the window to stare out and making mental note to contact the investigator for expanding the searches, which has not been fruit full at all.