12 : TRISTAN

Uh uh Bella, I think there is a bigger baby here the beautiful blonde who could easily pass for a beauty contest calls out Bella, her tone sounding nervous, her gaze checking me out just like any other stranger.

Isabelle comes through the hallway, her face scrunched up in confusion as if she did not understand what the blonde front of me said, her face gets immediately morphed into something else as soon as her gaze lands on me but it definitely was not of surprise it is like she was anticipating my arrival.

Please, come in. By the way I am Melinda, Bella's friend. She introduces herself while inviting me in when Bella made no move of inviting me.

Nice to meet you Melinda, I am Tristan Knight. I reply her as I make my way into the leaving room.

Oh, I do know you. I have heard a lot about you from Isabelle. She says.

I hope they are all good ones. I ask her, my tone laced with humor.

Nope. Your on a minus sign when it comes to your character description. Ok. That was quite a straightforward answer that I was not anticipating. I stare at Bella who still had not uttered a word, she was staring at me sitting on the another single couch, she seemed to be analyzing me and my motives.

What would you like to have Mr. Knight. Melinda asks noticing our staring game and playing a part of hostess while the real host sits down without a word.

Tristan, please. And I would like some coffee, if that's not a bother. I say while eyeing Bella for the last part of my sentence. Melinda disappears inside giving us some privacy to talk. But looking at Bella made me anticipate yet another outburst from her just like last night. No matter what she says, I am not ready to back out this time, I want to leave this place with a valid conclusion which would benefit both of us. But letting her or losing her this time was not on the options at all.

I still remember the lonely feeling I felt when I had returned home the next day after she was gone, the moment I stepped inside the door first thing I noticed was the dead silence filled in the house, I was so used to listening and witnessing sounds of music, drama series playing on tv, Isabelle dancing around for some weird tunes, sound of utensils clanking in the kitchen while she cooked filling the entire home with aromas etc. but now silence filled every inch of the house haunting me. Sitting down on the couch I leaned against it with my eyes closed and taking in the events that occurred on the past few days, as my mind started drifting to it, a light rustling sound of the papers on table caught my attention, my stomach dipped with a thud, as I knew what it was, their was a pen beside it which made me realise that she might have signed the papers, without looking at it I ran up the stairs towards our room with a really small hope, opening the door hastily I made a move towards the closet as soon as I opened it, my mood inflated, and a small smile started to grace my lips, only to dissipate when I noticed the closet more clearly, which now was filled only with the items that I had brought Bella or that was purchased by the designer, I rummaged through everything. to at least find a trace of her personal belongings which she had while entering this house but came out empty handed, swallowing the lump forming in my throat I moved out and sat down on the floor leaning against the bed when a twinkle on the bed side table made me look up confirming my every question or doubts about Bella. Their on the table were three rings of promise, engagement and wedding neatly placed on a note along with my credit card. Taking the note with my trembling hands I read it

I feel like it was yesterday that we met and had so many happy memories, but you are pushing me away even before we could make it even more. I have no idea where things went wrong, we could have sorted it out by communicating but you as always were impulsive enough to push me out of your life.

Thank you for all the good memories Mr. Knight.

Remember I loved you more than myself and also remember you are the one ending us.

Don't worry, I will make sure not to leave any traces, so that you can leave peacefully without media interruption.

Good Bye.

A tear rolled down my cheek continued by another, my throat closed up with emotions, I realized in that moment, I had lost someone very precious to me. What have I done? Why the hell did I believe things even before confirming it? She was the only light in my dark life, now that she is gone, I am pushed back into the dark abyss all over again. I dont know how long I was on the floor that day, but it did make me realize of how stupid I was.

Tristan here's your coffee. My thoughts were interrupted by Melinda, who seemed to notice how lost I was along with Bella, but the latter one made sure not to show it on her face.

Thank you. I gave her a small smile, which she returned with a nervous one while glancing at Bella.

Ill let you guys talk. Bella see you later. Melinda moves towards Bella giving her a hug and whispering something in her ear which earns an eyeroll from her. Silence fills up the space once Melinda is gone, She was in no mood to start speaking so I took the initiative.

Where are the kids? I blurt out the first thing that comes to my mind, breaking the silence and keeping the conversation on neutral ground, she looks surprised at my sudden question about the kids but answers it anyway.

They are at the neighbors place playing. I wanted to ask her if it was safe for them to be at other peoples home or if the neighbors are good enough to look after them, but refrained myself by nodding. I did not want her interpreting my questions in a wrong way.

So I dragged, having no clue of how to start the actual point without beating around the bush. For fucks sake I have attended numerous meetings, conferences, events etc. which makes me capable to stand up and speak on any given topic on spot for hours, but here I was struggling to let a word out.

Tristan Ill come straight to the point. What are your motives? Will you get close to my kids show them all the love and ditch them later? If that is the case then please, you know the door towards exit She says straightly her voice curt, without beating around the bush. It hurt me to know how lowly she thinks of me, even though I had given her the reasons to doubt me in the past. I wanted to correct her and tell her that they were our kids but did not, as I knew she has not yet accepted me as their father.

Bella I would never do that to them. She opened her mouth to argue but was stopped by a chorus chant.

Mom we are home. Ethan and Evelyn, ran up to Bella hugging her legs from either sides, their faces was completely red from playing, sweat made their hair cling to their foreheads but the happiness radiating of their faces made it worth of their exhaustion. Bella stared at them, a smile filled with warmth and love, stroking their sweaty hair away from their foreheads.

Ethan was an exact replica of me while Evelyn as taken after her mother except for the eyes part, which were of the same color as mine.

Looks like you had a good time, you guys are drenched with sweat. Bella asks them to which they beam again agreeing to her, Ethan notices me, his eyebrows furrowed as if he was trying to remember me, his brows eased up once realization dawned on him. He looked up at his mother before asking,

Mom, he is the same uncle from yesterday night. Who is he? he questions making me look up at Bella at the same time as she does to me, she looked nervous, I dont know what she had said our kids about their father but still I was hoping for her answer to be positive with anticipation.

LEAPOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara