As a mother

📚

"After you" Nicholas say's as we enter the large gathering, straight away it becomes clear that going unnoticed will not be possible, the moment we enter everyone turns to us. "Nicholas" i whisper and he comes to stand by my side, taking my hand in his warm one.

"I'm right here" he smiles down at me and the sudden panic washes over me and away, how can it not when he's right here.

"Bane" a women gently greets us just as everyone gets back to their separate conversation, at least now it doesn't feel a zoo "it is so good to see you!" she says smiling a wide and beautiful gleam, she's gorgeous, absolutely glowing.

"Irina, it's a pleasurer, this is my wife Mia" he moves slightly to his side letting me take the women's hand to shake, i do and she nods a sweet hello "Irina is the women that i mentioned would be helping us make sure the children get the highest of care once they leave ours"

"It is such an honor to meet you Mia, I've heard great things about you and can't wait to sit down and talk more about what exactly we want out of all of this"

"Neither can i, have you been working with children for long?"

"Oh absolutely, i actually grew up in a system myself, it's what inspired me to get involved and do better, especially for kids that are older"

"That's great because i was just going to make sure that we're clear on the fact that we're not only just brining young children into this, this organization is for any age under twenty five"

Her eyes widen at this, still smiling and attentive but her face brightens "i wasnt aware of this"

"Will that be a problem?" i ask, not because her answer will sway my mind because if anything I've already started the paper work, i know what i want and that's to give these babies a shot at life, not to cast them out because they're difficult or too old.

"Quite the opposite Mrs. Bane, i was 18 when they kicked me out, so it's safe to say that working with you will be a privilege" she smiles once more, taking my hand in hers as she holds them tight "thank you" there's so much weight in those words, so much passion and pain that her eyes glisten.

"You dont have to thank me, not when you're just as part of this as i am" i put my other hand on top hers meaning every bit of it.

"I'll take it that we'll get along then" Nicholas says smiling down at the both of us.

"Without question" i reply standing back into his hold.

"I agree, and i should probably let you both go after all this is your party and I'm sure there's countless people here that want to talk to you"

"It was really nice meeting you Irina"

"Pleasures' all mine" she nods before moving on to a different conversation just behind us, i smile at this.

"I keep thinking that maybe we should open up our house as well, it'll help so many get out way faster" I turn to him, out place is basically a palace and what's the point of it if we can't use it all.

He nods, but his face doesn't that little thinking scrunch that I've fallen in love with "do you remember that ball we went to, the one where-"

"Yes, sadly I do" we're not ruining this day, and saying any of their names will surely do that.

"Do you also remember when I asked you if you wanted it?" He begins to smile.

"Yeah and I called you crazy, what are you getting at"

"The palace of Versailles has been in your name since that night, although I couldn't exactly give it to you because it was ripped apart but after a good couple of years they've just finished fixing it" his hands brush my hair from my shoulders, wrapping my cheeks into the palms on his hands "so you don't have to give up your own home Amor, not unless you still want to"