Chapter 100: White-Eyed Wolf

The Imperial Army moved toward Suliang without ceasing. Their entourage arrived at the north gates bringing dust.

At the gates, the Censor and other officials from Tanglin were personally invited in by Prince Ping's closest confidant. The soldiers were to camp not too far away from the gates. As per courtesy, they were not allowed to enter Suliang.

For some reason, these officials from the capital treated Xiao Bao as their long-lost brother. One should know that people from Tanglin always felt superior. When did they ever greet someone so warmly?

However, the young man didn't change expressions one bit and was very professional in leading them to Prince Ping Manor.

In the main hall, the officials were received by Junwang and Junwangfei and a line of servants with the two concubines.

Looking at this grand display, who would have known that there was an ongoing war on the borders?

The peace inside the inner walls wasn't the least bit disrupted by the faint explosions they had heard all day.

Again, these Tanglin people except for the Censor were enthusiastic upon seeing Prince and Princess Ping. They were humble in their actions and warm in their greetings which puzzled them both.

Long Sangyu was prepared for a bloody battle but was instead greeted by smiling faces. It was baffling.

As the Prince invited them for a meal, the leader of these officials rose from his seat.

"Your Highness, these humble officials were originally sent here to deliver a message so we won't delay Prince Ping at all."

The Censor then took out a golden scroll from a lacquered box.

"Prince Ping of Suliang, hear the decree!"

The whole household of Ping Junwangfu knelt. Long Sangyu's mind raced. What could it be?

"The Son of Heaven is benevolent and upright and has treated Wan Li and Ping with kindness from a young age. His Majesty is truly grateful for the Prince's meritorious deed. The letter of report about King Wan Li's hidden iron mine is duly received. Prince Ping is thereby ordered to personally arrest the treasonous King who is now demoted to a commoner and will be facing trials at the Tanglin Court."

Thunder exploded inside Long Sangyu's mind.

Letter? Report? Iron mine?

He had never sent any letters! What treason?

His lips dried in an instant and he couldn't speak as he received a copy of the letter he supposedly wrote and sent to the Emperor. It was undoubtedly his writing and the seal wasn't fake. Sangyu's breathing was labored and his hands shook.

How? His mind raced, thinking back to everything that happened as though he might find some clues. And then his heart stopped. There was only one other person who accompanied him in the study day and night.

That person was standing not too far away behind him with his straight back and upright face.

It was Princess Consort Ping who tugged his sleeve to accept the decree.

Sangyu exhaled. He couldn't let anyone see his struggle.

So the Prince gave a dazzling smile as though the day that he had always dreamed of finally came. "This subject-prince obeys!"

Only he knew the murderous intentions he was trying to swallow with all his might.

Today was the birth of the vicious two-faced prince. If Feng Yanyan was here, he would have noticed this was the original setting of Ping Junwang.