Chapter 58: Genuine

I... totally need to have an alarm clock or a calendar reminder to post. Here's the chap for today, my dear >.> 

"Master Feng..." Cheng Li was caught between a rock and a hard place.

The man Beauty Feng beat up was one of the distinguished advisers of the King. But now, Gentleman Adrina looked far from the dignified man that he had always been.

Passed out and slumped on the floor with bruises all over his face. Cheng Li also believed he had one or two teeth missing.

The young eunuch's gaze went back to the delicate mei ren. He looked every bit as pristine now as he always was. It was as though the moment of violence earlier was an illusion.

Feng Yanyan also noticed the man on the floor. One wouldn't miss the villainous glint in his eyes.

"I don't care who that man is but he's going to be tied up until Wangye has recovered."

It was just in time that Xiao Bao heard these words when he arrived after sending a message to his father.

"This one doesn't think Feng mei ren has the authority to order her Highness' people around." The young man was polite but his tone was on edge.

This situation was already demanding a lot from him and there was a certain spoiled mei ren here that wanted to do things his way. Of course, Xiao Bao would be incensed.

Beauty Feng flashed an evil yet charming smile. "If you... knew what happened, you would probably kill this man on the spot."

Not needing to say anything more, that statement alone displayed Xiao Bao's incompetency as the chief guard.

It was an insult to Xiao Bao but he had also seen Beauty Feng's rage firsthand.

The mei ren who was often ganged upon by the other beauties didn't display this kind of behavior whenever he heard ugly words from his peers.

And the way Feng Yanyan protected the King from their view like a mother tiger showed another hint. Combining these pieces of information, one could only arrive at the conclusion that Gentleman Adrina really did something heinous to her Highness.

"Find Madam Lian. Wangye's fever has risen again." Beauty Feng threw these words and the young eunuch immediately followed.

Wangye was always top priority. He left Xiao Bao to get more information from the mei ren.

"Feng Yanyan." Xiao Bao caught up with the man just outside the doors. "As her Highness' guard, I need to ask you a few more questions."

This attitude ticked off Feng Yanyan.

"As Wangye's head guard, you failed at protecting her, you bastard!"

The younger man flinched. What kind of Beauty cussed like this? But he still tried to explain.

"Gentleman Adrina has been a close friend of Wangye all these years."

"You think I care?" Feng Yanyan was baring his fangs again as he stalked closer to Xiao Bao.

"You, as Xiao Hao's son. You of all people should know that... in this world, the only person she could trust fully is herself." He hissed in anger, even forgetting to refer to the King with honorifics.

It was because of his knowledge of the novel that he knew that Wan Li Wang and her brother only had each other to trust. But the reality right now was Junwang was immature and the King bore all the responsibility of protecting them both for so many years.