Chapter 94: Stay with me...

We're nearing the end of the first volume. What do you think the ending will be like? Happy Wednesday, mah dudes!

The Feng husband and wife worked fast and sent a message to the capital. Soon, an inconspicuous carriage silently left Tanglin.

On this side, Feng Yanyan waited and waited for the King on her bed but she didn't come.

Beauty Feng was angry again.

Told him to wait, wait for nothing!

He gnashed his teeth and decided to sleep here unceremoniously. He would occupy this whole bed and wouldn't leave any space.

It could be said that Feng Yanyan's temper was infamous in Zhongqing courtyard. Which servant didn't know a certain mei ren's unscrupulous and unreasonable acts? Wangye even waited on him as though Her Highness was his maid!

Even if they had a lot of complaints in their hearts, they couldn't say it out loud. Chief Eunuch Cheng didn't say anything. And the little Chief Cheng pretended he didn't see anything. Even Sir Xiao blatantly ignored Wangye's 'hardships'.

So the servants could only treat Master Feng as their ancestor.

If he wanted to sleep in Wangye's room, so be it. After all, it was the King who told the servants to let him in before she left this afternoon.

It was past midnight, Long Xu Le strode straight to her chambers and changed clothes. The security of Zhongqing courtyard had been tighter these days as they were still anxiously waiting for Madam Lian's return with the cure.

Once she entered the familiar environment, the fatigue that had been piling up for a while now finally struck her. Dizzy, she still changed clothes before deciding to rest.

But Her Highness forgot one important thing.

Wan Li Wang stiffened when she was near the bed. She sensed there was a person there. Narrowing her peach blossom eyes, she finally remembered what she said to Feng Yanyan.

This fool.

It was good that she refrained from attacking the perceived perpetrator just now.

She drew the muslin curtains enough to enter the warm bed and sat directly in front of the man. He didn't even stir from his sleep.

Her vague eyesight showed a man whose limbs were spread on the bed as though afraid someone would take over it. Her Highness' hand stretched and her calloused thumb rubbed the side of his lips.

Xu Le understood that he was someone who was cherished since childhood and he couldn't tolerate any hardship. Under the influence of these thoughts, she also subconsciously treated him as someone precious.

She could have stopped it but it was ironic that she let it develop to this degree. It must have been a rare moment of foolishness for her. What reason did she give to herself?

That she couldn't fight the Feng Patriarch head on? That she was honoring a promise? That she was trying to repay a debt?

Those were all excuses.

In this world, if she didn't want it, no one could force her hand to do anything. And yet, she held him in the palm of her hands.

Earlier, she received a report that the Hu Ren Kings were possibly discussing an alliance and would set off against Suliang. And there was the Empress showing signs of instability in the capital. There was a series of stirrings in the Imperial Army.

They might be able to hide it all. But the signs would still reach her. The Jianghu's cults had also displayed their full animosity to her.

After learning that the Black Crows were annihilated, it was impossible that the others wouldn't have crooked thoughts against 'Xiuwang.' Her identity in the Jianghu had been exposed because of her big movements.