Chapter 45: All Aboard

"Ah!" Liu Weiwei suddenly gasped.

The three were now onboard the Crouching Tiger and it was about to sail as the race would start soon.

But Liu Weiwei caught a glimpse of Feng Yanyan. To her surprise, the top beauty from Tanglin was actually with a woman of unknown origin. One glance at the lady told Concubine Liu that she could be of high status. But what was more scandalous was the lady was wearing a married woman's hairstyle.

Why would Feng Yanyan be with her? There could only be dubious thoughts.

Long Sangyu turned to his concubine who looked panicking all of a sudden. "What is it?"

They were out here to relax. While it was true that Junwang came here to watch over the proceedings, the concubines had no duty to attend to. They could have fun all they wanted as long as it was within reasonable grounds.

Liu Weiwei was honestly shaken. Any wrongdoing by one of the mei ren could reflect on the group. That was what Liu momo instilled in them for four years. If the prince saw Feng Yanyan having an illicit affair with a married lady, what could happen?

She shook her head, trying to calm down.

But beside her, how could Zhang Yunlei not see what she did? He put on a distressed look too.

Long Sangyu was confused. He saw Concubine Zhang peeking at something but looked like he wanted to ignore it. The prince followed the brief glance and saw Feng Yanyan.

Junwang stiffened.

Walking on deck holding a woman by the wrist was Feng Yanyan.

"Stop fussing." It was an authoritative tone coming from a pretty man. If it wasn't whispered, it would have been effective.

Feng Yanyan glared at the lady. If he didn't fear for his life, he would have taught her a lesson. To actually tease a man in broad daylight... of course, only King Wan Li had the guts to do that.

He looked at the wrist he was holding. It felt warm, the steady beats were felt by his palm. This should be cuffed.

Long Xu Le let him be like she was watching a kid throwing a tantrum. He must have felt uncomfortable. But Wan Li Wang herself wasn't noticing that this was the start of her bad habit of teasing the mei ren.

"Ah, isn't this Gentleman Feng?" A portly and stout man blocked the way all of a sudden.

The edges of King Wan Li's peach-blossom eyes chilled as she looked at Feng Yanyan and the official.

But Beauty Feng was unaware of wangye's scrutinizing gaze.

"O-fficial Pei. Fancy seeing you here..." He didn't know what to say to this nosy official. Why did they have to meet again?

Then he felt wangye's hand wriggle away from his hold. Her Highness, the King probably couldn't stand his antics anymore.

"And this should be Madame Feng?" The stout man made a logical assumption.

These days, any female companion could be called Madame but the female beside the beautiful man had extraordinary bearing. She was elegant and fierce while Gentleman Feng was dainty and charismatic.

They looked like a good pair.

Feng Yanyan was gonna lose it. He was afraid to nod but also more scared of shaking his head.

When he glanced at wangye, she merely raised a brow at him.

Go on, answer him. Her gaze was daring him.