Chapter 75: She's Alone

Feng Yanyan wasn't allowed to go to the wangfu so he brooded all day. The courtyard he was residing in was now more tightly guarded so no one could get in either.

Mo Quan had a headache when he learned of this. Beauty Feng really didn't leave him face. What kind of visitor acted like that?

The plan was to take him as a hostage but Wangye made sure he wouldn't have a chance. Just look how that courtyard ended up looking like a military barracks!

But his daughter told him not to bother the mei ren for now and don't drive him into a corner.

It wouldn't be good if they upset Beauty Feng too much. The King valued him to this degree so they had to do things in moderation.

Their goal wasn't really to antagonize her Highness. Mo Quan's intention in keeping Gentleman Feng for a while was just to leave a way to protect his daughter.

It was a desperate attempt. But now, Beauty Feng had become a hot potato in his hands. It didn't help that he hadn't received news from his people in the capital.

Head Mo felt goosebumps rising. They were either captured by the authorities or by Wangye. He was more afraid of the latter being true because that means the King's reach went all the way to the capital.

Then, if she tried to seize the throne now, wouldn't she succeed? Why was she still not making any movements?

Maybe these things were still something a hillbilly like him couldn't comprehend. After all, their world was far more chaotic than the one he knew where the most important thing was violent power.

As a royal, the King needed both power and brains. Mo Quan couldn't help but worry more.

His daughter would be thrusted into that world soon.

Inside Feng Yanyan's temporary residence...

"They have no decency to pretend anymore. Young master is really being treated like a prisoner." Jiao voiced her thoughts.

"Erm... we're the ones who told the guards to tighten the security." Eunuch Cheng Li pointed this out.

The young maid pursed her lips. "Because they didn't let the young master leave!"

The eunuch shook his head. The more he stayed with this bunch, the more he got to know that the servants and their master were really alike.

He turned to the person who was by the window. "Master Feng, the Mo family might take this as you being aggressive."

He still had to remind the mei ren to be careful. After all, the Triad had a different way of dealing with things. If their side started the aggression, San He Hui might reply in kind. And Eunuch Cheng didn't know if he could ensure Beauty Feng's survival.

After all, they were still considered to be in the enemy territory. Until the wedding, they had to be on their toes.

Feng Yanyan moved his gaze and Cheng Li froze. He could understand the King more or less now.

Even when he was angry, Feng mei ren was something to behold. He had a vicious expression but one you couldn't hate. A moving beauty.

"Do you think I care? I'm trying my best not to tell these people to break out of this place." He hissed like an angered cat.

Nevertheless, the young eunuch knew he was serious.

"If I knew this would happen, I wouldn't have agreed to this piece of sh-."

He wanted to curse the Prince's wedding but he still remembered he shouldn't do that.

Feng Yanyan wondered if his Highness really lashed out at his sister. That would be the greatest stupidity the Prince would ever do in his life. Just for a concubine, he would go against the person who cared for him all his life.