Chapter 20: Summon

Media: https://pin.it/oAJejQO

There were times when people happened to gather together. The reasons might be random or deliberate, no one knew.

But today, the skies witnessed Junzhu and Zhang Yunlei having tea together.

Due to the difference in status, this kind of arrangement was hard to come by. But after tasting Beauty Zhang's brewed tea, Long Tang wanted to invite him every day to witness how he concocted with grace and precision.

Recently, Ping Junwang had been busy outside so Junzhu didn't get to spend time with him like before. Naturally, he was absent from this meeting.

Otherwise, Long Tang wouldn't be able to ask about Beauty Feng like she is doing now.

"This princess hasn't seen gentleman Feng these days. The injury hasn't healed until now?"

Zhang Yunlei filled the Junzhu's cup with the final tea. His answer was unhurried.

"It seems Brother Feng is feeling unwell. He refuses to see us brothers and sisters too."

"That's not good. He used to be so lively."

"Indeed..." Beauty Zhang paused. "Excuse this one for my words, your Highness. Zhang has been with brother Feng for four years. This is the first time I've seen him this way."

There was a look of conflict on his face, as though he couldn't bring himself to say words out of his station.

"It's alright. Tell this princess." She had a rare look of kindness. If Feng Yanyan was here, he would be disgusted by this kind of pretentiousness.

But between these two, whether each of them knew about the masks the other wore, no one would say a word about it.

"Well, Brother Feng has always been a bright person. Wherever he went, he would attract attention. He openly showed his likes and dislikes. This kind of honest behavior is what charms people the most. Only in the wangfu..." Zhang Yunlei showed a conflicted face.

He shared a look with Junzhu. It wasn't like she was blind. She knew all along that Beauty Feng must have liked her Imperial Uncle.

It's just that Uncle was uninterested in him, making him suffer this grievance.

Long Tang sighed. Thinking about it, wangye also didn't show a bit of affection to gentleman Feng. In fact, King Wan Li ignored everyone and was rarely inside the palace.

She knew Junwang said before that Feng Yanyan might be liked by wangye but spring was at its full bloom and her Highness didn't make a single move. Long Tang started to become restless. 

Now that no one wanted Beauty Feng, isn't it the perfect timing to take him away?

The young lady's lips bloomed in an arc. "Beauty Zhang is a reliable brother. You don't need to worry about this. Even if all doors of the wangfu refused Xiao Yan, this princess won't let him be mistreated."

Zhang Yunlei seemed surprised by the sudden intimate call of the Junzhu to Feng Yanyan but he wore a relieved expression. "It's Brother Feng's fortune to meet your Highness."

Both wore smiles, their thoughts hidden from each other. But somehow, not so.

In this palace, even if you didn't seek trouble, trouble would seek you.

---

Feng Yanyan spent the afternoons by himself. Pondering his progress in brushing up Junwang's affection.