Chapter 36: Meals at Zhongqing

Media: https://pin.it/13E9URU

When the confusing commotion died down and Junwang left, another set of dishes was laid out.

But just as Feng Yanyan was perplexed, there came the order. "Eat."

His eyes went wide and his mouth went ahead of himself again. "You don't bestow leftover dishes?"

It was Long Xu Le's turn to be bewildered. "Why would someone bestow leftovers?"

"Ah..." Feng Yanyan's voice grew mosquito-like. "It's just that her Majesty..."

Even without finishing his sentence, King Wan Li understood. The Empress had the habit of bestowing leftover dishes like it was something holy.

She didn't comment but her twisted expression said it all.

"Sangyu takes whatever is left of ben dian's meals."

Beauty Feng tilted his head while his chopsticks traveled to the different dishes, even forgetting to ask permission to start eating.

"Junwang has no cooks?"

At this question, he received a condescending glare from the King seeming to ask if he was dumb.

Was it possible for a prince to not have his own kitchen?

But this made Feng Yanyan more puzzled then something clicked inside his mind as he remembered how Long Sangyu looked at him earlier. 

...The possibility was there, after all-

His gaze turned to Wan Li Wang. She was perfect in every way. Imagine growing up with such an elder sister.

Sis-con prince.

Feng Yanyan gagged in his mind.

"You're asking too many questions about Sangyu."

He lowered his head to slurp more of the rice noodles. It was good that it was sweet!

His eyes brightened as he thought it would be savory like the one served earlier, unbeknownst of the guillotine above his head that was King Wan Li's eyes.

"Hmm? I'm more interested in the leftovers. They look delicious!" Feng Yanyan smacked his lips in regret and went rigid.

Asking himself why he was saying too much as he bit the chopsticks. He didn't dare look up at her.

He didn't see the danger melting from Long Xu Le's face and eventually became placid. "If you like it that much, then eat lunch here later. Tell Cheng Gong if there's something you like."

Round eyes curved into crescents. "Thanking Wangye."

She was so generous, eh?

Long Xu Le studied him for a while. His presence wasn't too bad. The King thought she would be annoyed if he was beside her the whole day. But he followed the rules well and was attentive so this request of his wasn't too much to grant.

Feng Yanyan was like a little ball of sunshine that people would want to keep and treasure. That was the stark difference he had from Feng Ting who was a giant and reliable tree that one could only look up from below.

King Wan Li wasn't aware of the faint curve on her lips.

It took three days of following wangye around before Feng Yanyan's cousin showed up again.

Beauty Feng ended up memorizing the King's routine all day and he ate all his three meals inside Zhongqing.

It was lunchtime. Feng Yanyan ate as usual while the King was reading something and taking notes.