Chapter 82: Worse than Him

Trigger Warning: Gore - description of corpses and graphic violence.

The ways of the jianghu were naturally opposite than that of the Danwan army. Formless fighting met a structured troop. The soldiers who were used to fighting in a straight manner were beaten back by dirty tricks and martial arts.

However, they weren't the Danwan army without a reason. From now on, it was a battle of attrition.

The soldiers mobilized three people against one jianghu person. If the other party wasn't honorable, there was no reason to keep one's dignity just to die. The cult members of the Black Crow decreased in number soon after this.

Xiao Hao supervised the battlefield while hacking at those who had relatively weak soldier groups. Jianghu people didn't have a chance in front of him. He had been Long Xu Le's sparring partner for fifteen years. What kind of tricks had he not seen?

He estimated that the battle on this side would be completely over within an hour. The King's closest confidant glanced back at the hill, wondering what was going on in there.

Si Wen.

This was the name of the top wanted criminal of the jianghu. They said the world of the martial masters was free but Xiao Hao knew there was some kind of order in the form of the allegiance of the righteous and dark sects.

However, there were still outliers who didn't want to abide by the existing rules and wanted to stir chaos under the heavens. The cults.

The 'man' named Si Wen was the supreme leader of those cults.

Those groups abducted young men, women and children from rural areas unscrupulously.

Xiao Hao recalled the hidden information on the cult's master. No one knew his face so if he didn't hear Xu Le say his name earlier, he wouldn't know the enemy they were facing tonight.

This man was sick beyond measure. He created undead puppets using an obscure method.

Xiao Hao moved to the hill where Xu Le was earlier and the only thing left there was a corpse cut in half and an atrocious smell.

He ducked to see it for himself, directly tearing the fabric covering the corpse.

Then, the monstrosity underneath the clothes could be discerned. Even though he was a soldier who had seen the world, he couldn't help but frown at the sight.

This flesh wasn't natural at all. There were countless stitches as though a mad seamstress wanted to create new life. What's more, this was clearly a woman's body added with some parts to masculate it. The shoulders were padded with more flesh and the chest was crudely cut off to make it appear flat.

Xiao Hao's heart chilled. Any weak hearted man would retch at this sight. At the side, the young soldier's hand that was holding the torch for Chief Xiao trembled but he stood strong.

The young man was determined to do his assigned role. He was not a combatant for tonight but his back was sweltering with cold sweat.

Chief Xiao's gaze then moved on to the lower half of the corpse's body. If the upper was already this bad, how much more down there?

He didn't have the heart to disrespect the dead and strip it. So he just used his scabbard to confirm something. Sure enough, the surface was flat.

Xiao Hao didn't know whether he would be relieved or not.

"Scourge of the world." He cursed.

They found one such corpse, how many others did the cult have?

Chief Xiao reached an autonomous decision. These people couldn't be left alive. He looked at the pale young soldier beside him. "Get the fastest horse and alert the outer districts. Tonight, we will visit the jianghu."