Chapter 57: Fairy Rage

Back to the story...

"And you, you're supposed to guard Wangye! What kind of trash guarding is this?!" Feng Yanyan pointed at Xiao Bao and the shadow guards who were dragging the foreigner away.

"What did you say?" Xiao Bao's eyebrows jumped at the insult.

"Bastard!" The mei ren spat a curse and turned to the eunuch. "Cheng Li, get a basin and warm water. Right now!"

Beauty Feng's stormy anger seemed endless. If he could freely move right now, he might even have given them a beating too.

But he planted his foot in front of the King to cover her from view.

"All men, leave."

Xiao Bao was about to express his dissatisfaction but he heard a weak voice behind Feng Yanyan's figure.

"Go."

Cheng Li was really frightened and confused right now but he followed the order like a puppet.

Soon, warm water was brought near Feng Yanyan.

"Don't come closer." The man who was normally sunny was like a wounded animal right now.

The way he growled at everyone was reminiscent of an offended beast.

Cheng Li carefully placed the basin on a small table. He didn't want to imagine what happened here.

Long Xu Le had no energy to placate Feng Yanyan. She could barely even sit up.

The man guided her to lie down and he fixed the messy bed that was all thanks to her fussing and kicking earlier.

Not even a moment later, she felt warm dampness gently caressing her face.

Feng Yanyan's hands were shaking. 

The King's small face was ghastly pale. And her lips were bleeding. The contrast between the white and red was like a knife to Feng Yanyan's chest.

He shut his eyes trying not to imagine what would have happened if he didn't come back because he left his precious coat here earlier.

The moment he opened the door, his vision went black in rage.

His anger wasn't misplaced.

The truth that he didn't know, Zhongqing could filter out any spies but when it came to trusted allies, the level of security dropped to nil. The double standards were noticeable when the shadow guards didn't leave Feng Yanyan alone when he was with the King.

But when it was Adrina, they flew to different places to give the two some privacy. Their good intentions for Adrina, who was considered 'one of their own', backfired against them. Of course, all of this happened with the approval of the acting chief of the shadow guards, Xiao Bao.

Beauty Feng wrung the towel several times to wipe her Highness' hands and face.

"You're burning again."

The fever that had gone down during the day, flared. "Let me call Madam-"

He stopped in his tracks when he felt warm liquid on his palm.

Feng Yanyan could swear he felt his heart drop to his stomach. The almighty King was noiselessly shedding tears on his hand.

He had no doubt that she must have been shocked. When he was near the room, he heard suspicious noises. For a while, he hesitated to enter because he didn't want to disturb someone's intimate time.