Chapter thirty one

Ominis pov.

I took a deep breath before I burst into the house, feeling a fire ignite within me. The door nearly flew off its hinges as I threw it open, my stomach churning at the thought of going back to this wretched place. Everywhere, there was a reminder of all the misery I had experienced before. These people were still the same, with their nauseating, fake personas and the highest level of hypocrisy.

I could feel my temperature rising with every step I took, my disgust for everything around me catching me off guard. Everything was the same despite years having passed, and it only fueled my growing fury. Every fiber of my being rebelled against the idea of being in this godforsaken place.

The silence was oppressive, apart from the sound of my own breathing and the creaking of the wooden floors. I couldn't take it anymore, I flung my bag onto the ground with a thud, hoping to break the damn stillness.

The sound bounced off the walls, and I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Of course, it had to be my mother with her polished, sophisticated voice. "Hello, my son", she said, probably expecting me to feel grateful or some other nonsense.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Finally, you're here", she said as she hugged me. All I felt was burning anger, a rage that had been building inside me for years. I gritted my teeth, knowing that I had no other choice but to play along and protect Y/n and Sebastian.

I yanked away from her embrace, despising everything she stood for. "Ominis..." She began, trying to soothe me. "Don't be like this. We're your family," she said as she patronizingly stroked my cheeks.

"Family?" I hissed. "Family doesn't hurt those I love." I couldn't stand the thought of being near them. "I want nothing to do with you."

"Ominis, Ominis," Nathaniel interrupted with his mocking voice. "Calm down, little brother. Those wrinkles on your forehead don't suit you."

I felt my hands clench into fists, and before I knew it, I was grabbing his collar, ready to hurt him. "Always so angry," he sneered, as if my justified fury was amusing to him.

My heart nearly stopped at the sound of my father's voice, filled with anger and disappointment. "Ominis! Nathaniel!" He bellowed, his words laced with venom that made my stomach churn.

I clutched my brother's collar tighter, unwilling to let him go, but my father's grip was unyielding. "Let go of your brother," he spat, his voice firm and menacing as he pulled me away, leading me to the living room.

"I'm glad that you realized that family is the most important," he declared, his tone insidious and patronizing. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Realized? It made my blood boil, the idea that he believed he had the power to tell me what was important.

God, if I could, I would end this whole damn bloodline. The anger that I had been suppressing was now boiling over, threatening to consume me.

"We need to talk, but let's get some sleep first," he said in a tone that suggested he held all the cards. "Your room is waiting for you," was all he had to say before leaving me alone with my thoughts, a seething anger, and a deep sadness that threatened to smother me.

As I made my way to my bedroom, every step felt like a crushing weight that I could barely bear. The same smell filled my senses, every object in the same spot, it felt like nothing had changed since I left.

I laid down on the bed, my thoughts betraying me as tears poured down my face, a deep, overwhelming sadness slowly consuming me. I couldn't believe I had left them, even if it was for the best- inside I felt broken. My heart ached, shattered into what felt like a million pieces.