Chapter twenty five

"Brother?" I thought to myself, feeling confused.

"No, it can't be," Ominis said through clenched teeth, his eyes blazing with anger.

"Yes, it can be," the man replied, smirking.

"What are you doing here, Nathaniel?" Ominis growled, his fists clenching.

"I came to see my dear brother, of course," Nathaniel said, his tone laced with mockery. "And to meet your lovely friend. Let me introduce myself. I'm Nathaniel Gaunt." He said as he gently took my hand and kissed it.

"Stop playing games," Ominis snapped. "You know I don't want anything to do with our parents."

"Ah, but they do want something to do with you," Nathaniel said, his grin widening. "They've been writing letters, begging for a response."

"I have nothing to say to them," Ominis spat, his face contorted with rage.

"You can't ignore them forever," Nathaniel said, his eyes glinting with malice. "After all, you are a Gaunt."

"I'll deal with them in my own time," Ominis said, his voice low and dangerous.

"Of course, of course," Nathaniel said, taking a step back. "I won't keep you any longer. But before I go, I must know, what's your friends name?"

"Ehm, Y/n," I said nervously, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Ah, Y/n," Nathaniel said, his gaze lingering on me. "A pleasure to meet you. We'll meet again soon."

"Brother, I'll see you later," he said with a smirk, turning on his heel and walking away.

Ominis slammed the door shut and stood there, seething with anger. "Love?" I asked, cautiously approaching him. "Is everything alright?"

"No, it's not alright," he snapped, his frustration palpable as he stormed away.
"Let him be alone for a while," Sebastian said, his voice gentle as he pulled me into a comforting hug. "Come, I've made tea and breakfast."

As I followed him into the kitchen, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was seriously wrong. Ominis' behavior was so out of character that it left me feeling uneasy. "Thank you for making me breakfast, love," I said, grateful for Sebastian's kindness.

"I just have to see if he's okay before we leave," I added, my voice tinged with worry.

"Of course," Sebastian replied, his eyes filled with tenderness.

I found Ominis sitting on the corner of the bed, his head in his hands. "Ominis?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

He looked up at me, his eyes filled with pain, before burying his face in his hands again. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around him, hoping to offer some comfort. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, my voice gentle.

"No, not yet at least," he replied, his voice barely audible. "I just want to get out of here."

"Very well then," I said, kissing his shoulder gently. "Let's go."

I grasped his hand and led him towards the hall, my heart pounding with anticipation. "We're ready," I said to Sebastian, who was sitting on the couch, his expression anxious.

Sebastian's eyes flicked towards Ominis, and I could see the concern etched on his face. "Is everything alright?" he asked Ominis, his voice filled with worry.

"It is what it is," Ominis sighed, his voice heavy with resignation.

"Alright, let's get going," Sebastian said, his tone gentle and reassuring.