Chapter eighteen

I went back to the house that stood in ruins, from that night I was almost killed. As I scanned through the whole house, my heart sank. No Sebastian.
My mind was screaming at me to find him. The daylight was about to be over and I hadn't found him yet.

As I scanned through the broken house, I saw something glinting in the dim light. I rushed over to it, my heart pounding in my chest. Wait, is that Sebastian's wand? My stomach twisted in knots as I realized what it meant.

"No, no, no," I whispered, tears streaming down my face. I continued to search for him, my mind racing with fear and desperation. Suddenly, my owl came crashing at me with a letter.

"Say goodbye to your beloved Sebastian Sallow," the letter read, covered in mud. It felt like someone had ripped my heart out and stabbed me in the stomach, tears streaming down my face.

Wait mud? I think I know where he is.
As I landed in Feldcroft, the darkness seemed to swallow me up. The house was pitch black, and I felt a shiver run down my spine.
I carefully opened the door and went through every room, calling out Sebastian's name. But still, there was no answer.

I went outside and started to feel beaten, like I couldn't go on. But I knew I couldn't give up on him. That's when I saw footsteps in the mud that had come from the house. I started to follow them, my heart pounding in my chest. They led me to a basement door a few houses away.

I took a deep breath and opened the basement door as quietly as I could. I went down the stairs, my heart in my throat. There was a light coming from down there, and I tried to look around, but I saw no one. I continued to walk, my eyes scanning the room.

And then I saw him. My heart shattered as I saw him, tied up to a chair, beaten all over his body. Blood was coming down his nose, and there was a jagged cut on his forehead. I sneaked up to him, took my hand, and held it against his neck to feel his pulse. It was low, but he was still alive. His eyes opened up as he felt me touching him.

When I was about to untie him, I heard a voice behind me. "Well, well, who do we have here?" I looked behind me, and it was Jack.

"Do you want to see me for who I really am?" I asked him, my voice shaking with anger. An anger that only got stronger for every time I saw Sebastian sitting there, battered and bruised, my anger boiled over. It was an anger that only got stronger with each passing moment, fueled by my deep concern for his safety.
I knew that I would do anything to keep him safe, even if it meant dragging up hell on earth. The thought of burning the whole world for him didn't seem like such a far-fetched idea.

I could feel the heat of my anger rising within me, a fierce and powerful force that threatened to consume me entirely. The sight of Sebastian's injuries only made it worse, filling me with a sense of helplessness and desperation. I knew that I couldn't control everything that happened to him, but I could control my own actions. And I was determined to do whatever it took to keep him safe, even if it meant sacrificing everything else in my life.

I let all my emotions out, without hesitating. I screamed "CRUCIO!", and Jack fell to the ground, screaming in pain. I stepped on his hand as he was about to reach his wand.

Sebastian began coughing, so I turned to look at him. Suddenly, he started coughing up blood, and I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I quickly realized that something was terribly wrong.

As I watched in horror, Jack took out his wand and pointed it at me. He took his other hand around my throat, choking me. I gasped for air, trying to break free, but Jack's grip was too tight.

"I almost killed her the first time, I'd be happy to try again," Jack sneered at Sebastian. Tears started streaming down Sebastian's face, and I could see the fear in his eyes.