Chapter 9

After explaining what a pensive was and how to use it to Pearl, they were both ready to watch the memories given to them. Ember decided to use this as a lesson on what not to do for Pearl. She was still so young but she was growing up mentally so fast.

Ember poured both bottles of memories into the pensive and had both Pearl and her put their fingers in to enter.

James stormed into the bank with his wife and son, he was furious at needing to wait in line. As soon as they saw a teller he snapped that he wanted to see the Potter account manager Agnott and if he didn't see him soon then there would be trouble.

Ember shook her head and turned to Pearl. "Never storm into a place like that no matter how mad you are, and never talk to a goblin the way he did. That's a good way to make sure you are given very poor service."

Pearl nodded and promised to never treat a goblin the way James had in the memory. Pearl and Ember continued to watch as another Goblin came and got the Potters and took them to their account manager's new office.

"Agnott, we've just been disowned from the Peverell family, what the fuck is going on? There are no more Peverell's left!"

Just then there was a knock at the door, before anyone could say anything another Goblin walked in.

Ember shook her head, "Once again, never take that tone with a Goblin, let alone your account manager."

This Goblin was wearing a smart-looking suit, "Ah, Mister Potter, I am Grinlast and as of recently, I am the current Peverell account manager. I heard about this meeting and decided to invite myself since I assume you have questions that I can answer."

James snarled "You bet your ass we do! Where the fuck did this Lady Peverell come from, we were under the impression that they were all dead!"

Damien decided to cut in, "And why would she disown us? Wouldn't she be proud to be family of the boy-who-lived?"

Ember snorted, "No, I'm not proud to be related to those three at all." Ember smirked at the anger on her biological father's face.

Pearl was also smirking at the anger on the Adult Potter's faces.

Ember listened as Grinlast explained what she had done to the Potters, she agreed that she wouldn't try to get the money back, she might hate the Potter family but she didn't want them to be homeless.

"THAT IS BULLSHIT! I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO THIS STUCK-UP LITTLE BITCH THAT DISOWNED US! SHE HAS TO BE DARK OTHERWISE SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN OVERJOYED TO BE RELATED TO US!" James screamed, causing Grinlast to call for security to escort the Potters out of the Bank.

Pearl started growling slightly at the disrespect her Diamond was being shown, it didn't matter that Her Diamond wasn't there in person it was still disrespect.

Ember herself was frowning and rubbing her chin, maybe she had been too kind to the Potter family, if they did anything else against her she would take action. She and Pearl exited the pensive and talked about what they saw.

Hogwarts Headmasters Office

Dumbledore was sitting in his office doing paperwork when his fireplace flared and James stepped through. Dumbledore stared in shock, "James?" "Yeah, it's me, Headmaster." James sighed and sat in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"My boy, what happened to you, are Damien and Lily alright?" James huffed, "We've been disowned." Dumbledore was shocked, "Disowned? But my boy, you're the head of the Potter family."

James scoffed, "Maybe, but I'm not the head of the Peverell family. There's a new head of that family and what's worse is that it's a woman that decided she new better and disowned us."

Dumbledore's eyes widened, the Peverell family was thought to be extinct. If there was a new Lady Peverell then they needed to figure out who she was and try to turn her to their side. If she sided with the Dark side then things would be awful. "Do you know who she is?"

James shook his head, "No, according to her account manager she's using the next few years to take care of business and want's to be able to be unknown for now."

Dumbledore hummed, already planning on ways to figure out who the woman was. "I forgot to ask but what about Ember, what happened to her?" Dumbledore didn't really care but he had noticed that James never mentioned his daughter. It was common for Lily and James to forget their second child, it was to the point that no one else besides the Potters, Blacks, Lupins, Weasley's and he knew that she even existed.

James froze and his eyes slowly widened, shit he had forgotten about Ember, when was the last time he saw her? A memory of seeing Ember running out of the house on Damien's birthday flashed in his mind and he blanched. That was the last time he remembered seeing his daughter and that was literally months ago.

Had Ember even come back from the woods? Was she still alive? He got up and walked to the headmaster's Floo and used it to get back to the Leaky cauldron to talk to Lily. Maybe she knew what happened to Ember.

Dumbledore just sat there staring at the chair that James at been sitting in. He had a feeling that James had forgotten about Ember once again and rolled his eyes. He wondered for a second if she might be Lady Peverell before dismissing it, she was still a child and he doubted she would have disowned and kicked out her family if she was.

No, Lady Peverell was probably in her early 20s, that was the most logical.

Two months later

Ember smiled proudly at her store, it was finally ready to be opened. It had been hard work but it was all worth it. They had employed mostly muggle-borns to work the cash registers and to restock and clean the rest of the store. Werewolves were more than happy to have jobs as security.

The Werewolves worked during the day, the reason Ember hired them for her store was because Werewolves are stronger and faster than normal witches and wizards. At night she employed Vampires, she had managed to set up a blood bank in the muggle world, half the blood was donated to muggle Hospitals to help cover up where the other half of the blood went. The other half of the blood Ember gave to the vampires, she didn't get why the magical world didn't have something similar before remembering that the magical world was still in the middle ages.

Ember also had the best wards she could on her store, people might say that since she had the wards she didn't need the nighttime security but she would beg to differ. None of the other stores around here had nearly any wards or security and Ember found that to be very stupid of them.

Ember knew that people would want to hurt the store that employed those that they considered beneath them. They would also hate the fact that she employed "creatures" like werewolves and vampires.

She watched as people walked into her store and looked around, they always asked what something was for and how to use it and she was smug when noticing that most people seemed very impressed with the objects she sold. Mothers shopping with their children, or just mothers in general, loved the options for toys.

They were very happy when hearing that the toys would help teach the children their numbers and letters. The workers were quick to remind the mothers that they would still need to teach them the bigger things but the toys would help cover the bases of the children's learning.

Ember had to hold back her snickers when she saw that even the Potter and Malfoy families came to look around her store. Both families left after buying several things when hearing how easy they would make things.

She felt smug at the fact that several pureblood fanatics were buying things based on muggle objects, they might be a bit more advanced than the muggle versions but the basic ideas were the same.

Her store in the muggle world was still taking time to get up and ready, it would probably take another year if she was being honest.

Shaking her head she had Bippy pop her to her potions room after she was done at her store. She had decided to make another Gem, she needed one that would be able to protect both herself and Pearl so she chose a jasper mold from the pile and got to work.

It took her several attempts to make the potion correctly again, she only made it once before after all. When she finished the potion she carefully poured it into the mold and decided to wait, Ember had a feeling that this would take a bit longer than Pearl did.