Chapter 17

Ember woke up earlier than normal the next morning, at first she was confused about where she was before she realized. She was in her new trunk at Hogwarts and she had spent her first night in the castle. Sighing she got up out of bed and grabbed her school uniform and some clean undergarments before climbing out of her trunk.

She shrunk her trunk and carried it with her to the dorm's bathroom before she started to get ready for the day. She brushed her teeth and hair, putting it up in a ponytail. She then changed into her clean clothes, unshrinking her truck to put her dirty clothes away for Bippy to take care of, and grabbed her bag. Ember had made sure that her elves, and only her elves, could get into her trunks to clean.

She cleaned up after herself most of the time, but Ember knew that she would be very busy with school, paperwork, special projects, and whatever else came her way that she might get too busy and not have time to clean up everything in her trunk.

Not to mention all the dust that could get on top of her things.

Ember got dressed and made sure her crown wasn't crooked she grabbed her bag, put her shrunken trunk in her shirt pocket with a charm to make sure it didn't fall out before she then walked down to the common room and started reading a book waiting for the others to wake up.

She spent an hour reading her book before people started waking up and coming to the common room, most of the people coming down the stairs were upper years. They all seemed surprised that Ember managed to get up so early compared to her dormmates.

A Prefect asked Ember if she had trouble sleeping and was surprised when she responded and told her that she always tried to wake up early on the weekdays.

A little while later, Daphne and Tracy walked down and joined her on the couch, pulling out their own books to read in peaceful silence. Soon one of the older students offered to show the three of them to the great hall for breakfast.

The three first years put their books in their bags before following the older Ravenclaw to the Great Hall. Ember sat down at the Ravenclaw table and started grabbing some breakfast. She took some pancakes, some strawberries, and a bowl of yogurt and looked around for some strawberry milk, frowning when she didn't see any on the table.

"Looking for something firsty?" Another one of the older students asked, Ember really needed to learn their names, she thought. "I was looking for some strawberry milk but, it seems that there is none on the table."

"Strawberry Milk? Sorry Firsty, we don't have that drink here. You have the choice of Water, Normal or chocolate milk, or Pumpkin juice. In the mornings at least, at lunch and dinner; there's only water and pumpkin juice."

Ember looked at the table and frowned, "You mean to tell me we have all these different options for food, but we only have four choices of drink for breakfast and only two choices at lunch and dinner? What if someone is allergic to pumpkins, that means they're only able to drink water. Drinking water is important but drinking too much water is bad for your body and can actually kill you."

The older student just shrugged and went back to their own breakfast leaving Ember with a frown as she grumpily grabbed some chocolate milk and started eating.

Not long after the rest of the Ravenclaw house came down to the table, Professor Flitwick started handing out schedules. He paused when he handed Ember her own.

"Miss Ravenclaw, the headmaster wishes to see you in his office after classes are over."

Ember nodded, she had been expecting this, "Thank you for telling me sir. Could you please escort me to his office since this is my first day, and I do not know where anything is yet?"