Chapter 27

I want to thank you all for your kind words and support. Thank you to everyone who sent in a review, whether it be here, on AO3, or wattpad, thank you to the few who sent me privet messages, I wasn't expecting that and made sure to respond.

I wasn't expecting so many people to show their support for me taking a break. It's been a little over a week since everything happened at the time I'm rewriting this and I want to let you all know I'm feeling better. All of your support helped, it helped me know I wasn't alone and that there was no need to rush while dealing with grief.

Thank you, every single one of you, for your continued support. Normally, the people who review are pretty constant, but I saw so many new names coming out of the woodwork to support me and I can not tell you what that meant to me.

Once again, thank you all so much your support has helped me so much in this last week.
_____________________________________________________________________________

It had been around four days since Ember had made Amethyst when she realized that she needed to go Christmas shopping. She didn't want to bother anyone to take her so she decided to go by herself.

Taking the floo to the leaky cauldron she then left to go look around Muggle London to see if there were any gifts she could get there. She already planned to get everyone two gifts this year, a muggle one and a magical one.

She explored around several stores looking for gifts she thought her friends and family would like.

For Pearl, she got her a fancy pen that she was planning to enchant so it never ran out of ink. She also got her several muggle books on some of the new muggle fashions that Pearl didn't have yet.

Ember got Jasper a few books on how to take care of a motorcycle, she would also give her enough muggle money to buy whatever motorcycle she wanted, Ember wasn't old enough to buy one herself, or else that would be Jasper's Christmas present.

Ember didn't know what to get Amethyst considering she hadn't been around long enough to know what she was interested in, so Ember got her a handheld gaming station along with some games for it. She also picked up some clothes for her as well.

She also didn't know what to get her mom and wasn't that weird that she was willingly shopping for a Christmas gift for her mom when just last year she would have willingly stabbed herself than think of getting her anything?

Ember already knew she was going to get her mom some of those magical journals that she used, she had a feeling that her mom would like that. She had to pick up a new journal for herself anyway, she wanted to use it to write down the history of the Gem race.

She figured that in the future, if she ever came forward with who and what she really was she could publish the book to help spread awareness. Now that she thought about it though that might not be the best idea, the history of the gems was pretty bad from what little she knew.

She might just write about the different gems instead along with a few interesting tidbits of information.

Ember shook her head to clear her mind before walking into a random store and started looking around. Eventually, she found a very nice green scarf that would match her mom's eyes along with a pair of matching gloves that she made sure to buy.

Now she just had to get something for Tilly, Bippy, Daphne, and Tracy. Ember might get something for Professor Flitwick but she would get him something from the magical world instead of the muggle one. She had a wonderful idea of what to get him.

Ember kept looking around the store before she found the perfect gifts.

She got them both blown glass figurines, Daphne got an arctic wolf and Tracy got an elephant. Ember was so lucky that she found figures of her best friend's favorite animals.