CHAPTER - 10

(Karmakar's Residence)

KIARA'S POV

A sudden jerk on my left shoulder broke the train of my thoughts .And I realised that I am no longer in the wedding .

Instead I am sitting on the dining table of my house for breakfast and the one who jerked my sholder is non other than my mother.

"Mon ta aajke eto udoo udoo keno ? ( Why are you so lost today ?)" Maa asked.

" Na toh ,kichu na (It's nothing )" I said.

She didn't questioned me further but from the looks she is giving me from time-to-time ,I can interpret that she didn't buyed my answer.

I am sorry Maa but I know you very well ,if I will tell you about that note ,you will ask me hundreds of questions ,whose answers I also don't have atleast not for now .

And you are right I am lost in thoughts and that note is the only reason behind it. Since morning ,no sorry ,since I got that anonymous note ,i cannot focus on anything .

I couldn't help myself but to wonder ,who gave it to me ?

And what does it actually mean??

I heard Baba clearing his throat he always does this when he wants to talk about something important.

"Ki how was the wedding?" He asked.

"Everything was nice Baba" Shraddha was genuinely happy " "I liked it except for the Vidai part . I still feel like crying remembering that" .

"Hmm,it's ok you will get over it".

" Do you have any plans for the evening?" He asked.

"Nothing in particular " " But if I will be free then netflix and chill only " .

On the mention of netflix and chill I got a side eye look from Maa,but I am going to ignore it for now .

"Good ,that means you are free " "We will be having guests for dinner tonight ,so be ready on time ".

" Guests ??" " Who?"

"Malhotra's "

"Ohh, business dinner " I reasoned.

He stiffened at his place for few moments and then said "You will get to know about it ".

Before I could ask any other question he got up from his seat and and left for work.

And I was once again left behind with my numerous questions. Arghh! this guessing game again ,wo note kya kam tha.

Maa is here but I know she will answer less and ask more than I could expect .So I better leave from here before she also starts her guessing game .

What's up with everyone playing guessing game with me ?

Huh! Mujhe kya mai toh ja rhi hu sone.

(Malhotra Industries Headquarters)

ANURAG'S POV

" It's nice meeting you too Mr. Larsen " I said to my new business partner.

Huh! It's a hectic day as usual .Back to back meetings ,non-stop video conference ,skipping breakfast and so on. I guess I am back to my usual self.But the thing which is unusual is a small smile which made its way on my face whenever I remembered last night's incident.

Abhinav was about to caught me smiling in the elevator but I was quick enough to masked up my emotion.Huhh!! I need to behave .

I went inside my office along with Abhinav behind me .

"One black coffee and a sandwich for me " "And you can get something for yourself too" I said to Abhinav .

Yes, it's a treat from my side .Reason because today I am in good mood, despite attending non-stop meetings from early morning.

"Okay sir " "And thank you sir " He said and turned to go outside .

But stopped in the middle as if he remembered something .

"What happened? " I asked .

"Sir there is something I forgot to told you " He said with nervousness.

I can clearly see the fear of getting fired in his eyes .But to his luck I am in good mood so I won't be firing him today neither I will fire any other employee.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Sir Mr.Malhotra called me yesterday and told me to clear your evening schedule" .

"What??"

"Sir this was your last meeting for today ,now your rest of the schedule is free".

" And you are telling me now ?"

"Sir told me not to tell you ,he said that he will himself talk to you "

"And you are telling me ,because now
you have no other option left "

"Let me remind Abhinav, you are my secretary ,you will follow only my orders not anyone else's be it my farther or anyone else " .I said with anger lingering in my voice.

"Am I clear Mr.Sharma ?" I asked him."

"Yes sir ,and sorry sir I won't repeat this mistake"
He said while bowing his head down for forgiveness.

"Now get back to your work " I said and he went from there.

After half an hour ,I was busy in typing something on my laptop when I heard a knock.

It was my father , if he would have come before half an hour ,then I would have been surprised, but not now .

"Why did you do that Dad?" " You know na today's every meeting was important " I said.

" Because today's dinner is more important than any other thing " He said.

"Oh ,where's that dinner is ?" " And why didn't you told me about it?" I asked with anger evident in my voice.

"At the Karmakar's place ,and I didn't got the time to tell you ,so I am telling you now " He said calmly.

"And you are also coming with us it's a family dinner "

"Family dinner ?" "When did we became their family ?"

"We are about to " He said .

"What ?"

"Nothing nothing " "You go home and freshen up, we have to be there on time".

"Ok then I am leaving as i have some work " "Bye see you in an hour " He said and left in a hurry .

(Karmakar's Residence)

AUTHOR'S POV

The Karmakar's and Malhotra's both are seated in the living room engaged in their talks .Anurag isn't here till now as he got stuck in some work ,so he will be late.

Mr Karmakar and Mr.Malhotra are busy in their business talks while Mrs Karmakar and Mrs. Malhotra are engaged in their gossips .

And Kiara and Vansh are seated in the corner and judging them.

"Bhai do you know why they are here?" She asked her brother.

"No, Baba refused to told me ".

"The way they are talking it doesn't looks like a business dinner ,it's more like a family dinner ".

" Hmm you are rig- " their conversation got cut by the ringing of the doorbell.

"You sit ,I will go and check " Kiara said to Vansh.

And as she opened the door -

"You??" She said being utterly shocked.

***************************************

Please share your feedback and do like this chapter if you enjoyed it.