Chapter 60 - Soon Not Forever

Start from the beginning

"We'll be fine" Michael wrapped his arm around me and gave me a reassuring smile. Moving day was tomorrow. We were leaving. We were finally leaving. I felt tears prickled at the corner of my eyes. My family died here and they're not coming with me. Physically. But a part of me knows they are with me. Like a ghost that simply just follows me around.

Victoria sat next to me with a sad look on her face. I was leaving my best friend. I smiled at her and hugged her tight "I am really going to miss you" I gulped down hard, hoping my sorrows would go down as well. But it didn't. "I'm really going to miss you too. Send me a post card 'Kay?" She let go and tears were already streaming down her face. So I couldn't help but cry too. "Of course I will" I hugged her again.

"Mike make sure you don't become a Hollywood star" Jeremy smirked "Oh please, I'd do great in a horror movie" he laughed. "Yeah right! I bet $5 bucks you would scream like a girl" Mari snickered. We all laughed and went back to enjoying each other's company.

Slowly, we parted ways with everyone but me and Michael still stayed stargazing. "Remember when I gave you this?" his finger traced over the promise ring he gave me. Funny thing was it was at this very field we were in.

I hummed in agreement. He sat up. "I need to tell you something" I sat up and nodded. He reached in his pocked and pulled out a small velvet box. He slowly opened it revealing a beautiful diamond butterfly ring. I was completely speechless.

There was barely any light visible and it still sparkled in the dark. I looked at Michael and his face was the brightest pink. "With this ring, I promise I'll marry you one day Y/n. It's difficult to describe the way you make me feel each day. Each day I feel our love growing stronger and the only thing I strive to do is make you happy."

"Oh Michael.." I smiled and hugged him right "You know you don't need to get me this ring" I sighed "I know.. but I wanted to" he kissed my cheek, pulling away. He grabbed my hand adding a new promise ring on my ring finger.

"I love you" he leaned in and kissed me "I love you too" I kissed him back. We laid on the blanket, he climbed over me kissing me deeply. "Fuck.." he mumbled. He cupped your face deeping the kiss, his other hand roamed your body "Are we really about to do this right now" you stuttered as he kissed your neck. "Fuck yeah" you felt him smirk. I smiled and shook your head gently.

"I'll show the world, the stars, and the universe how much I love you right now" he lifted himself up, looking down at me with admiration. "I love you more" I replied back. He softly smiled. His beautiful ocean eyes never seemed bright as before. It didn't matter what other people said

I knew how the way he looked at me he loved me. Cared about me. I wasn't going to let anyone nor my thoughts ruin this moment. Like last time.

"No. I do" he replied back. "Then show me and show the world" I chuckled "Baby you are my world" he tilted his head, leaning down and kissing me.

Some say love will die down. That it won't last. But I know I could prove them wrong. If they knew what me and Michael had, they would be jealous. Because what we have is something that feels everlasting. I love him unconditionally. All of his flaws and perfections make us who we are right at this very moment. Sharing something beautiful as our soul has tied together since the first time.

He's my soulmate. My lover. My Michael.

 ❦

Moving day. The house was completely empty. Something I never thought would happen. We're leaving Utah. Hurricane, Utah. First coming here all I wanted to do was leave. Until I made new friends. Until I found my lover. Then everything made sense. Despite what happened here, I gained something. I learned how to love. I overcame my fears. I made wonderful new friends. And finally I graduated high school.

I went through so much. We went through so much. Memories are laid everywhere in this small town. Both the good and the bad. But the bad doesn't compare to the good. Because the good is worth it.

But one thing for sure is this isn't a goodbye forever to this town. It's just a see you soon. I'll be back. Hopefully not soon but i'm sure we'll be back..

 Hopefully not soon but i'm sure we'll be back