18

PICKLES

Beyoncé
LA
November 19th

I squatted on the side of the stage, giving my phone my attention and grinning at the message my father sent me.

Onika was here for a little bit of time, and this time she brought her parents with her. I thought it would be nice to connect my parents and hers now that I'd fixed the relationship between my father and I. But I had ulterior motives too. I wanted Onika to at least fall in deep like with LA. I still wanted her to move here, but I always had to play a strategic game when it came down to that woman.

When I looked up, Draya waved at me as her and Justine walked into the arena. Justine waved too, sending a wink my way.

I dropped my head to fight that temptation.

Nobody ever told me how hard it was to turn down sex when I had been so accustomed to having it. Nobody told my dick either.

I did love Onika, but temptation was every fucking where. All I had to do was say yes and pussy would be falling into my lap.

I wanted to fuck bad and I was fighting hard not to. It had never been so hard to say no.

Toes showed up in my view and I looked up to see Justine standing in front of me with her hands on her hips.

"Should I reply to that message you sent me now or what?"

Justine should get the hell out of my face. She was so damn fine, and of course she was over here bothering me. I didn't want to tell her my business, I just wanted her to listen the first time.

"Wassup? What y'all doing?"

"Chris invited us. Victoria should be on her way with Robyn and Solana."

"You know if they got my kids with them?"

"They didn't say, but I doubt it."

"Alright," I nodded and went to ignore her again. I couldn't keep talking to her for much longer, and I needed her to catch the hint.

"Draya says this new baby mama has you acting different. Is that true?"

"I advise you to stop listening to Draya's messy ass."

"Is she messy? A month ago you were all over her."

"Nah," Was all I said.

I didn't want anything to do with Draya, not after hearing all she had to say to or about Onika. She didn't know a damn thing about Onika but she couldn't keep her name out of her mouth.

That was the wrong way to get to me. Anyone with a child of mine inside them was considered family to me, and speaking on my family was not an attractive attribute to me. She didn't know I loved her, but that wasn't the point.

"Is it just Draya? Or are we all subject to the Beyonce silent treatment?"

I looked up at her again, "Jus, I'm trying to work. I got a lot on my mind and conversing with you about Draya is not on my to-do list. Chris invited you so go chill with Chris."

She squatted down in front of me and leaned in to kiss me on my lips.

Onika was gonna hear about this too, I bet. Why wouldn't these woman just leave me the hell alone?

"I miss feeling you inside me Bey. If you get bored with the new family, you know where I am."

The moment she left, my phone was ringing, Onika's personalized ringtone blaring. There was no way somebody had snitched on me that fast. It's been two seconds, literally.