ROCKSTAR LIFESTYLE

INTRO

Beyoncé
NYC
June 12th

"We at the club tonight?"

I lifted my head and looked around the room for head nods. Julius shook his head and I knew he wanted to say something but he wouldn't.

"I'm down," Chris said without looking up.

"Which club?" That was Gelo asking. He had to be careful which clubs he stepped into. His dad would snatch him up real quick if he saw where he was, and make him get right back to the swarm.

"40/40," Baby replied, and Ken nodded her head.

"Don't you got your son tonight Bey?" Gelo asked.

"I'm texting Robyn right now to tell her I can't get him tonight. She'll be cool with it."

Robyn was always cool with keeping King. She wanted full custody because she was always so far and I was always traveling, but I wasn't letting that happen. I loved my son, I just had a life that wasn't always suitable to have a little one around for. She understood that I was still growing. She was a great mother to my son and I appreciated her.

Solana was different. She was always on my back about spending more time with Symere. We were always arguing about it, but I didn't see the damn point. I tried my best so she could shut the hell up. Still, it seemed like it was never really enough for her. Because I couldn't please her no matter what I did, I just hit her up whenever I had time.

"So we at the club tonight?" Ken asked.

"Yeah we're in there."

I sucked my teeth and shut my phone off completely, mostly trying to ignore Solana, but shutting everybody else off in the process. I turned off Tony telling me that I should've been in the studio, turned off Julius telling me to be careful because I didn't have him with me tonight.

I just wanted to have a good time tonight and I didn't wanna hear all the music talk. I could talk music in the morning.

As soon as we stepped in the club, the lights were going off and everyone around us was screaming, their phones jammed in our faces. I was behind all of them. I hated this part of the fame. It could be so exhausting.

But when Shawn found us and guided us to our private section, I remembered exactly why I'd fallen in love with this life.

The perks were beautiful and the treatment we got was unbelievable. There was nothing like being recognized and picked from the litter. When you had status, there wasn't a thing that people wouldn't do to get close to you. Getting paid to show my face made me feel like Queen Elizabeth.

Ken was gone almost immediately, one of her nameless fucks swooping her up to get some of her attention. She was a city girl and all of her tricks knew it. She was so about her money that they paid her just for her time. They liked her and respected her grind so much that they were willing to put money in her pockets for it.

Shawn was sitting beside me, all in my ear trying to get my attention.

I liked the power that he had and the face that he liked me, but he knew what I was working with and the fact that I had two children. He just liked the chase knowing he could never have me. He was way too old and he was a damn man.

"I'm so glad you came out tonight. I love seeing your beautiful face outside of working with you."

I scooted away a bit and nodded, "I didn't even know I was coming out tonight. Baby was the one that suggested we come."