13

INFLUENCE

Onika
LA
September 4th

Draya's stares didn't mean a damn thing to me. I could bet that Beyonce finally did what she was supposed to do in the first place, and she thought I was next up. She didn't even know how wrong she was.

Honestly I was going to let Beyonce do her thing, but I felt I had a responsibility to help the child. It was simply part of my DNA. I was surprised she didn't have a disease, but she wasn't about to start with Draya.

Since we had been making peace and she asked me to be here for her birthday, I actually said yes to her for the first time. The only reason Draya was here was because of Chris, but she was watching me.

Robyn bumped me, "King was asking if he could come to one of your appointments. He wants to see the baby."

"The first one will be just Beyonce."

"Okay, taking charge," Solana came over.

"I was gonna bring my mom, but Beyonce insisted. She wanted to redeem herself."

They both looked shocked. Honestly, when she said it, I was shocked too.

She was getting her act together from what I was seeing. It was slow, but it was sure. Robyn or Solana would send pictures in our group chat of Beyonce with her sons, and they were saying that she even came to their houses just to spend some time.

It was a change that should have already happened, but she couldn't change the past. As long as she was doing this for the right reasons, I was supportive. I tried my best to stay out of it because she shouldn't be wanting to do it because I was strong arming her. Somebody had to though. Her people loved her, but not enough to force her to gain some discipline.

All that talk was on the backburner for today though. The baby was growing up, and she loved attention so everyone was here. I'd never seen so many industry plants in one place. Paparazzi doubled up, wanting to catch anybody that stepped onto the street.

Beyonce and her friends had already been out there playing with those people and giving them something to post up on the Internet. She was having a good time.

All sweaty and full of adrenaline, she came over to us and draped her arm around my neck.

"Thank y'all for coming," She said then pulled me closer to her body, "Especially you. I didn't even have to fight with you this time."

"You've been good. Stay that way."

"Mhm," She looked down at me and kept staring until Solana whistled and clapped at her.

Barely looking away from me, she slid her hand down my spine, resting in the small of my back.

"Y'all enjoying yourselves?"

We all nodded our heads and Solana said, "You were having a good time. I hope you haven't had anything to drink while you were riding that bike."

"Just a little bit."

"Be careful."

"I wanna drink but I wanna see my boys before the day ends."

"It's on you."

Beyonce rubbed my back, "What do you think?"

"Don't ask me. It's not my decision."

"I wanna hear what you have to say."

"Tell me what you think and I'll piggyback."

"I don't wanna get so drunk that I can't talk to my boys, but I want to enjoy myself."