🇷​​🇴​​🇴​​🇲​​🇲​​🇦​​🇹​​🇪​.

A Day Earlier -- Tuesday Night

Chaeryeong's P.O.V

I stop scrolling on my phone the second Yuna's voice peaks to greet whoever's at the door. I get up and off my bed before running down the stairs to see Yuna having a conversation with my mom. Quickly, I pull her away from her and give my mother a strained smile, 'We're gonna go now" I nod my head towards the kitchen whilst Yuna smiles apologetically towards her. Yuna's always respected elders, she has been taught that from a young age, elders deserve grins and hugs for the struggles they've gone through during their long years. Not only elders but especially mothers, Yuna's mother said that the overwhelming feeling of having a baby is immense and briefly talked about all the other stuff with her. Whenever, Yuna talks about her mother, she talks about her like she watched her all of her life, like instead of playing with toys or running around the house, she watched and listened attentively to her mother. 

It makes me wish my mother were closer to me when I was younger. From when I was young, I established that I was daddy's girl, Chaeyeon is a mommy's girl, and Chaemin's both.

Yuna and I raid the pantry and the fridge before we run up the stairs and settle on the floor of my room. Our mouths automatically start chatting about school, old classmates, celebrity gossip, new movies coming out, and simping over actors and actresses. "Oh...I saw Kai and you know...the rest of them today" Yuna expressed sadly. I crunch on a chip, having no problem with Yuna wanting to be friends with those five again.

One thing's for sure, I would never talk to any of them again.

And I held that rule deep in my heart.

"They didn't bat an eye, It's worse to think that they're purposely ignoring me. I'd rather have them forget about me" She looks down, her black hair covering her face as I throw a cashew nut at her. "Stop sulking, who fucking cares that Beomgyu the barbarian,  Yeonjun the yoyo, and Taehyun the troll decided to remove you from existence" Yuna giggles, protests leaving her mouth but repressed with a smile on her face. "What about Soobin?" I smile, mind reminiscing how Soobin's face filled with sorrow when he realized that this friend group just broke up. "Soobin wouldn't ever ignore you, he most likely forgot and is trying to move on" I try to reassure Yuna and it works slightly when she shifts closer to me, hugging me.

We move from side to side in a comforting hug as I giggle, "What's this for, Yuna" I chuckle amusedly when I hear a sniffle. "Yuna?" I question pulling away to see her in tears. "I-I miss them a lot, surprisingly I miss Beomgyu more than Kai. He is-he was my best friend too" Yuna's words drown out in her quiet sobs. "Yuna, everyone loses friends, obviously this is harder on you because you were friends with them."

"Don't ever think that they never enjoyed being friends with you, because I bet they did. Wasting tears on the past is the biggest mistake I've ever made. Trust me, I would know."

"You always know what to say" I smile, patting her back, and she wipes her tears.

We stare at each other before laughing and giggling.

However, as much as I wanted to pretend we resolved the situation, my mind still lingered on the shock I felt when Yuna revealed her longing for their friend group and the good old times.

"Yup, he didn't even look at me or say thank you when I stretched my entire body to get that pencil for him" Yuna recited everything that had happened with Kai since the university year had started. "What a piece of shit!" I reacted, receiving a satisfactory hum in agreement from Yuna, "A handsome piece of shit" I roll my eyes in amusement. She can't decide if she likes or hates the guy. Yuna's life made my aching stomach disappear as the thought of Taehyun soon dived away.