𝘋𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵.

The Present Day -- 10:35 AM

Chaeryeong's P.O.V

My chest goes up and down, my breathing going slow as I walk even slower. I look ahead, squinting my eyes at the sun that shines it's light through the windows. The halls are filled, people shoving to get to lockers, and the selfish ones who stand in the middle of the chaos, gossiping, greeting, chattering, who knows. All I know is that I'd like to be alone, the scent of perfume, and people isn't flattering or enjoyable.

'Fresh air would be nice'

I'd love to leave school since my classes don't start right in the morning anyway, but I was asked, no actually I was told to tour this new student around before lunch, so now I have to be here early. I stand in front of my locker, not quite knowing what to do with my free time.

'I could go see if one of the dance rooms are open'

I nod, smiling to myself.

When I enter the room, I play some music on my phone before placing it down on the floor. Taking off my uniform blazer, I set it down next to my phone before I take a few light steps towards the large mirror.

My head bops finding the rhythm of the song. The next thing I know, I'm moving my body in familiar ways, swinging my hips and adding detail with my arms and hands. I perfect the times I stumble or look stiff and stagnant. I haven't danced in a while, I used to dance with my sister all the time. I'm not too bad though, just glad that I haven't forgotten how my body likes to move.

I'm out of breath by the end of the song and hear the bell ring, indicating the start of another class. I rest against the mirror, my breathing going slow again. It's nice to take my mind off things. It's a healthy habit I've acquired, better than all my other habits. My phone jolts with a ringing sound, I sigh, tilting my head, wondering if I should answer, if I even wanna answer.

Picking up my phone, I see text messages from Yuna.

Yuna
I can't wait to see you, I'm in class rn, but when the lunch bell rings, I'm running straight to you!

The corner of my lip curls into a smile, I text back.

Yeah, okay, don't get too excited 😌

After my little break, I jump back up on my feet and continue dancing, perfecting my movements and actually relaxing as I grin at myself in the mirror. It's different when I'm actually relaxed to begin with, I can see the difference. However, my inner peace is interrupted when I hear a clapping sound.

An applause by only one person.

Turning around abruptly, I face the one and only Kang Taehyun.

He stops clapping when he sees my narrowed eyes and lips turned down into a frown. "Could you smile for me atleast?"

His mouth is slightly turned up into a near smile, something to reassure me I suppose. It doesn't work of course. Is practically messy hair is just like I remember, the feeling of wanting my hands in them disgusts me, and the fact that I have the utter urge, the audacity to want to stare at his lips and reminisce.

'He hid the truth from me. He killed my dad"

I almost punch him right then and there.

I don't, obviously. Instead, I put on my blazer, pick up my stuff and avert my eyes from him as I attempt to leave. Though before I can get to the door, he blocks me with his body, as I'm now face to face with him.

Our faces inches apart.

However, he doesn't expect the way I hold his eyes with mine, the with I straighten my posture before tersely shoving him out of the way. "Don't waste my time" I breath out as I continue to walk away from him. Tears blur my vision but I blink them away as I continue walking.