𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉! 2/𝟥

Thursday -- 4:17 PM

Author's P.O.V

Taehyun's mind was always twisting and turning.

It felt like he could never catch a break from his thoughts. It was never peaceful, clouds of worry and anxiety held him, hostage, in his own mind.

Firstly, he couldn't help but think about several ways seeing Chaeryeong's mom again, could go. Secondly, his mother's health hasn't improved drastically and she requires treatment, but to do the treatment he needs the money to pay for it. All these other aspects have been draining him to the point where he can't even focus on school anymore.

Opening the door to his father's house, he figured he'd rest there before he meets the guys at the mall. They were going suit shopping for the donations event, and he wasn't going to lie, but he had a giddy feeling when imagining what Chaeryeong might wear.

Soundly footsteps caught Taehyun's attention as he looked up to the stairs. They have a richly brown color, and the entire house gave an old money theme. Everything is vintage but sophisticatedly beautiful. The floors were squeaky clean due to the hired people who'd come every now and then to deep clean the place. Taehyun never thought he was rich like Beomgyu's parents, but he knew his father had money.

Most didn't go into getting an extravagant house, no, he invested his money into his business. His manufacturing company is practically his child, all Taehyun ever heard him talk about as a kid was his company and how he'd inherit it. However, as Taehyun grew older, Mr. Kang could see Taehyun's disinterest in being the CEO of the family business.

That's when the wedge in their relationship grew bigger.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were leaving on vacation" Taehyun questions following his father into the kitchen. The place was also clean. The counters glimmered in the natural light coming from the large windows. Taehyun's father placed his belongings on the counter close to the sink. He checks his watch before giving Taehyun a glance.

"I decided that I'd be leaving after the donations event. There are some people that I'd like to talk business with." Mr. Kang spoke in a stern voice, something about the topic wasn't honest and Taehyun knew it.

His brows furrowed, but before he could utter anything out of his parted mouth. His father interrupted him, completely shutting down any room for the subject of conversation to continue. "I'm quite hungry, so I don't have the time to deal with your emotions." He opens the fridge and stays hidden behind the cold door that holds ingredients, leftovers, and dairy foods.

Taehyun's eyes take a long look at his father's wallet left there unattended.

'Should I steal it?'

'No, I shouldn't.'

'Or I could. Maybe this can get him to pay for mom's treatment'

His thoughts echo in his mind, putting every other indecisive notion to the side. And after that last thought, it didn't take much convincing before he snatched his father's wallet. Searching through it rapidly, his breathing fastens while his father reaches for something in the fridge.

By the time Taehyun grasps his credit card, he places the wallet back just as his father closes the fridge with what looks like a sandwich he saved overnight. "I have some work to take care of, get yourself a good suit for the event. I don't want you embarrassing me." His tone is clipped and unsuspecting as he grabs his belongings including his wallet; unaware that his credit card's missing.

Hiding his hands (and the credit card) in the pockets of his uniform. Taehyun smiles gingerly at his father.

"Oh I'll get a good suit, don't worry."