𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉! 3/𝟥

Chaeryeong's P.O.V

"I'm going to get something to drink" Yeji says before walking off to the bar to order something.

Nodding, me and Ryujin head over to the dance floor full of chanting and carefree young adults. A popular song plays and catches everyones attention, couples grind on the dance floor, groups of girls sway their hips as groups of boys dance and enjoy their time as well. The whole banquet resembled a teen party except with fancy dresses and suits. I smile at the feel of Ryujin's back on mine, we dance together, spinning around each other as we catch a bit of attention.

I've got to admit, I've been having more fun than I thought I would.

It felt like a breath of fresh air, even more than that.

My heart wasn't heavy, my hands weren't clammy or tense.

I was just a woman in my 20s enjoying a party.

I giggle as I shimmy towards Ryujin, she looks at me wide eyed, probably never excepting something like that from me. We laugh and chant along with the crowd of people on the dance floor as the beat of the song picks up. "WOOO!" I hear people cheer around me, holding Ryujin's hand, I am spectacle about how rough and big it suddenly is.

I pay no mind probably due to the champagne.

"Chaer-" The sound of someone's voice calling my name is cut off by the loud music and loud cheering.

And I don't notice.

Continuing my fun, my heart races and the jumping and dancing around is exhilarating. Letting go of Ryujin's hand I somehow end up dancing with some guy.

Except he feels too familiar.

Looking up at his face, my eyes widen when I am met with Jisung's piercing ones. His hands are on my waist as I abruptly stop dancing in a crowd of dancing people. The music quickly drowns out of my ears and am reminded of that moment at the party. When he pulled me away from Taehyun, I felt bad slightly but at the same time, we weren't exclusive.

He was just a distraction.

And not a very good one.

"Shit" I curse under my breath, as I break eye contact. Jisung looked as handsome as ever, his suit jacket was taken off and all he was left with was his ruffled white blouse and slightly undone tie. Patting his tie, I did so as if it would calm down the roaring argument that could happen, but there was no avoiding it. Over the past few days at school, I could see him trying to approach me but I would just avoid him.

Regret and guilt pool out of my heart like an open wound.

"Shit indeed" Jisung finally says.

Removing his hands from my waist, I close my eyes for a moment before opening them again.

'It's time I tell him now'

"I'm-" I'm interrupted by...Ryujin's hand?

No, that rough and bigger hand wasn't Ryujin's.

It's Taehyun's hand.

"What business do you have with her?" Turning around, I am met with Taehyun's tall build behind me. His hand is on my lower back and his touch parts my lips slightly. "Who do you think you are? And why are you always around Chaeryeong?" There's an edge to Jisung's voice and it scares me. People around us seem to notice because of the quick glances I keep seeing. The last thing I need is for a fight to erupt. "I'm her ex, what about you? A sneaky link? Or are you just a distraction?" My eyes seem to impossibly widen even more, and I punch Taehyun's arm slightly.