Suspicious.

Saturday — 1:28 PM

Taehyun's P.O.V

My heart is pounding.

How and when did I let Chaeryeong talk me into this?!

Me, Kang Taehyun, the ex of this woman's daughter, is here to interrogate her about her dead husband.

Does she want me to fucking die?!

Not only did Mrs. Lee not like me, but despised me due to my connection to her husband. However, Chaeryeong's love for me stopped her from saying anything to harm our relationship. I should be grateful for the peace and comfort she let us have. It was truly a time where I could say that I really loved her.

I would've died for her then, things have changed to be honest, but I know our memories won't change.

She may have clouded them with hate and heartbreak, but they still hold warmth and love to me.

Finally deciding it's time, I hold my fisted hand and knock on the door firmly.

The eerie silence that I'm left with causes shivers to go down my spine. I should be peaceful that she hasn't answered immediately but the anticipation in my chest is making my breathing go shallow. I'm consistently squeezing my hands together.

And when I'm about to raise my hand and knock once again, Mrs. Lee opens the door hastily. Her shirt figure looks up at me with a blank expression.

At first I think that maybe she's forget about me.

'That might make this easier.'

However, the slow furrowing of her brows and her once relaxed lips, curl into a frown.

She definitely hasn't forgotten.

"Here we go" I whisper under my breath.

Meanwhile

Chaeryeong's P.O.V

I sit down in the slightly uncomfortable leather chair while adjusting my stuff.

I brought a bag with me, a notepad and a pen.

Clearing my throat, I look up to Mr. Kang.

The similarities between him and Taehyun were definitely there. His sharp jawline and icy features all came from his father. I could see it clearly, but when I really scanned Mr. Kang. I saw how cold and stern his eyes were.

The look in them gave me slight nerves.

'He got his warmth from his mother.' I think compassionately as a smile threatens to replace the serious look on my face.

"Go on now, Ms. Lee" Mr. Kang addresses me professionally and am surprised that he hasn't let any personal feelings get in the way. "Chaeryeong is okay." I adjust the hem of my sweater while licking my lips.

It's so obvious that I'm nervous.

"That doesn't matter. What are you here for? A school assignment? Personal research? Because if that's the case speaking to me is rather dense of you considering that I have a busy schedule."