39: A New Beginning

The next morning came by fast.

I sent a letter to HER in the morning requesting a meeting after breakfast.

She received it during breakfast and she nodded at me.

I nodded back. And looked over to severus. He nodded too.

So that's how it happened. That's how my parents and I were in the same room.

Wow I never thought I'll be able to say that.

My parents!

Okay. We are getting off topic now.

I thought it was best to have my grandparents here too. And that is why I asked Minerva to allow them to floo through.

As we waited for them to come. It was awkward. Very awkward.

And then, the door opened.

''Mom? dad?'' She seemed suprised.

''Oh, Estella, baby.'' ''We are so glad you are alive.'' ''We missed you se much sweetheart''

We gave them a moment to catch up her.

And then my grammy introduced me.

''Sweetheart, this is your baby now. She is 12 and in 4th year already!'' She says proudly.

A look of suprise crosses her face. And when she comes out of it, her eyes were shining with unspilt  tears.

''Oh, ru-ru! You have grown so much! I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. Im so proud of you sweetie'' She says, and hugs me.

I hug her back.

Im hugging my mother!

''Mum,'' I start and she bursts out in tears. I give her a few moments to herself. And start again.

''Mum, grammy, poppa, I would like to introduce you to my father, Severus.'' I point to severus who is awkwardly standing in the corner of the room, not knowing what to do.

''You Bastard! How dare you do this to OUR DAUGHTER!'' My granddad yelled at him and proceeded to smack him with his hands, but I was quicker and I petrified him in place.

''No One. I mean, No one will blame or harm severus. Else, they shall have hell to pay, relative or not.'' I looked pointedly at my petrified grandfather.

And released him.

''I am not beating the shit out of you only because my granddaughter asked me not to, you understand?'' He was seething with anger.

''Same goes to me, if I had my way, you Mr. Would be the dish Scrubber that I will use'' says my grandmother.

Guess where I get my creative insults from?

But severus looks oddly calm. I guess being in from of voldy as his inner circle would do that to a person.

He looks at my mother, ''I am sorry, I did not possess the luxury of choice.'' He pauses for a moment and, ''How are you alive?'' He asks.

The question we have all been wondering but were too scared to ask.

''After he-'' She pointed at severus.''-did what he did. He put a kind of enchantment on me. Which slowly weakened my body. Day after day, I could feel myself getting weaker. After I gave birth, I was ever more drained than usual. After around 2 years of constantly draining myself, I couldn't take it anymore and I passed out.

That's the last thing I remember. And after that, I woke up in a box and dug my way out, my wand was next to me and i managed to find my way into the wizarding world, where Dumbledore found me working in hogshead and asked me if I would like to be hired as a potions teacher.

I love this place and i instantly agreed. I passed my potions test and got the job over the summer.'' She explained.

''The spell I put on you was a trial, It is an alternate for the killing curse, I did not expect this result. I apologize for your lost time.'' Severus says.

''Severus, I dont think you remember, but I was a year below you at hogwarts. Do you remember the second year Slytherin girl you helped get out of the Great lake? That is me. I really admire you throughout my time at hogwarts. I really hope we can make us work, if not for ourselves but atleast for our daughter.'' She confesses.

Severus looks lost in thought, and he removes a box from his coat pocket.

''Marry me'' he says in such a low whisper that we could hardly hear him.

My mum looks visibly shocked.

After a moment she recovers.

''For our daughter, Yes'' She says.

And i had to petrify my grandfather again, this time for longer.

______6 months later_____

It's March. And today is my dad and mum's wedding. Dumbledore decided to make it a grand celebration.

The wedding will be taking place on hogwarts grounds, my grandparents were the only ones who were not already at hogwarts.

It was a great day, a lot of rumors were going around about my life. But I couldn't care less. Draco was best man, and I was the maid of of honor.

From today starts a new life.

We are done. This is the end to my first story. I don't think there will be a sequal, but there is an epilogue coming up.

This is where it ends guys. But I will be editing the while story soon, enhancing it, correcting the mistakes etc.

I don't have anything else to say, so thank you to everyone who has read and commented and voted for my work!